1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with improving CTR

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by anniseed, Nov 9, 2009.

Hi

I've had my site for about a year now and have used adsense on it for the full year.

One of my problems is that my CTR is low, don't know if I can tell you what it is exactly but it isn't 2 - 5% which i read is good ctr for adsense.

My ads are above the fold, blend in with my sites colours and show relevent ads say 60% of the time.

Url is - http://www.live-laptops.com

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

anniseed, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  2. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed you can't discuss your exact CTR % (See Google TOC's point number 7). I actually like your ad layout and colour/text / background I wouldn't change a thing. What I would do is add in more ads! try a 468x 60 at the end of each article (if they've read to the bottom then you might as well make money when they move on!). Also I'd put a horizontal 5 bar link unit just below your top menu. both of these should help $$$ earnings without making it look too cluttered.
    Regards
    Dickie

adsenseplr, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  3. sharingbuzz

sharingbuzz Member

Best Answers:
    sharingbuzz, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  4. anniseed

anniseed Peon

Best Answers:
    I might try the banner at the bottom of articles but I've used banners before with little success. That said I have the banner at the top of each blog post and that does ok. Same with the link blocks, tried within a menu type layout (old site design) and didn't get a single click. Plus I don't want to fill up the site with ads as it would piss off users.

@sharingbuzz

Thanks for the article. IT says that you should use blue for link colours. Has anybody had any success as this would go against my sites colour scheme.

anniseed, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  5. anniseed

anniseed Peon

Best Answers:
    Also the link below shows the usual layout for reviews or articles.

Akai MPK25 review

anniseed, Nov 9, 2009 IP