1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help with hosting needed.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by suneanarab, Feb 18, 2012.

hi all,i am currently building a rather large equestrian infomation site. i'd like it to have a linked forum and classifieds section too. i was with vodahost but have had a shocking experience in their forum support which is just not acceptable.so i need to move my sites from them to another hoster. the problem i am having is that there are plenty advertising unlimited this that and the other, but then people complaining that their sites and been suspended or banned for too much use. i'm not quite sure how a company gets away with doing that when they advertise one thing but then add limits. anyway, i need a hosting company that can cope with what my sites may use traffic use. i am on a limited budget so can't afford silly sums of money. i know that some offer really good deals for yearly+ prepayment but i'm not going to be able to afford a large lump sum....i've been paying 9.95dollars a month on a month by month payment because it has meant i can do more with buying domains and such.as i also need to buy a paid classifieds script my budget is rather poor.so who do you think is best please? i'm in the uk and have done lots of looking but i'm just not sure. i need an excellent support and guarenteed uptime. also, if it has to be a yearly+ plan then i must be able to get my money back if they turn out to be not sticking to their side of things.if anyone also can recommend a very resonable paid classifieds script that allows easy customisation by a novice i'd be greatful for that too.thanks in advance.suneanarab

suneanarab, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  2. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    Avoid unlimited hosts. They will give you problems in the future with tight resource constraints. Almost any host should be able to meet your needs. Does not sound like your site requires too much for a shared host.

SolidShellSecurity, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  3. suneanarab

suneanarab Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for the info!suneanarab

suneanarab, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  4. suneanarab

suneanarab Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks to all those who pm'd me with info and offers, it's been much appreciated. i have sorted things out now and so far i'm happy.cheerssuneanarab

suneanarab, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  5. phxadam

phxadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    phxadam, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  6. hranitel

hranitel Active Member

Best Answers:
    hranitel, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  7. Johnatan

Johnatan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to choose the host that suits your needs and provides constant and uninterrupted services and support.
    Hostforweb.com will be reasonable choice for getting cheap hosting deals.
    The code [winter] will save 20% off the price for you.

Johnatan, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  8. bigcroc

bigcroc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yearly plans have the disadvantage that you can't change once you sign the contract. Go for the monthly plan which gives you freedom to turn back. No problem if they offer moneyback guarantee, but I think you may need to answer lot of their questions to get a full refund. Why don't you check out the web host shown in my signature. It meets all your expectation. It has no contracts, only monthly plans with 30 day money back guarantee. 5$ per month is the lowest price, the highest is 10$/mo. If you look at the right corner you will see live chat option, they may be available or not.

bigcroc, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  9. Crook-sam

Crook-sam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With the right web hosting company, your business web site can be much easier than you think. There are so many web based design tools and marketing tools included in web hosting packages, that you really don't need to know much about html, programming, or otherwise.

Crook-sam, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  10. Optimizator

Optimizator Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are still in search of reliable web host, can highly recommend you to have a look at cheap hosting deals offered by GlowHost.com
    Many of my clients have been using their hosting services for a long time.
    Network uptime is great, customer support is helpful and pricing is reasonable.

Optimizator, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  11. Teedager

Teedager Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aspnix company is good enough to start from them.
    They provide resourceful and reliable hosting services with high uptime and quality support.

Teedager, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  12. Divvy

Divvy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Sir,

Are you still looking?
    I like to suggest: www.enigmahost.org

We have a very good and fast dedicated server with only 3 websites in there.
    99.9% uptime and great prices, and we also are offering this month a promotional code to our new clients with 25% discount in your first month of hosting (except starter).

Hope to be hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
    Divvy

Divvy, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  13. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Reliable long term hosting providers are generally very affordable. 24/7 technical support is almost a necessity for good provider at this time. After you have narrowed your list you may want to read a few reviews before you make your decisions. Other's opinions of experiences with a particular host can be a very reliable source of information.

JPC-Sabrina, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  14. methad0ne

methad0ne Member

Best Answers:
    methad0ne, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  15. Genxscripts

Genxscripts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Genxscripts, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  16. dlinchevskiy

dlinchevskiy Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggets you dedicated server. If you have problem with budget, consider cheap dedicated server.
    But never choose "unlimited offers". There no term unlimited. Your site will share resources with
    other clients of hosting company in case of VPS\Cloud.

So, consider cheap dedicated server for start, than you may upgrade to more power server.
    But all resources of server and full access with be yours.

dlinchevskiy, Apr 13, 2012 IP