1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with evaluating my websites worth?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by CeeboSocial, Jan 27, 2015.

I'm not sure if this would be the area to post this or not... but I'm in need of some expertise help :) lol.

I've been recently looking into the possible matter of selling my website. I've had a few problems with the script and due to me not being able to find a programmer to partner with, or find some stable help in fixing the site I've decided this may be best..
    I'm curious if anyone would be able to truthfully help me evaluate the worth of my website?

Here are some details...

Established: April 14th 2014
    Members on site: 5200+
    The website is http://likeswap.org
    Alexa Rating: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/likeswap.org
    Estimated Around 90k - 100k Visits per month (With a much higher potential).
    Monthly Earnings: Estimated at $200-$400 per month (With a much higher potential).
    Monthly Costs: Estimated at $25 (Could be higher as the website grows if new owner keeps the cash out system and hosting).
    This website is a social exchange, and a few of the exchange modules need fixing and don't work properly. 90% of them do though, and the most important ones such as facebook likes, facebook shares, twitter tweets, twitter followers, youtube views, traffic exchange, and a few others.
    The website made $200 in the first month of opening with just 800 registered members and not even 60% were active.
    The website has been dropping only due to me not having enough time to keep up with marketing and finding a partner to fix some module issues.

80% plus of all members are a 100% targeted audience, meaning these people were advertised to legitly on social media and were looking for this kind of website to spend money on. Due to me having no time to keep up with it, and give it a new look and fix some of the issues, the site has been slowly dropping in activity, but the alexa rating is still going up and up each week. It's got great potential for the right person I believe.

CeeboSocial, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What is unique or different about it?

The domain is kind of ok, it's good that you've developed something on it but it needs a redesign.

sarahk, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  3. HF Evan

HF Evan Member

Best Answers:
    It looks to me like it's a free script floating around for this kind of site which would make the value probably close to zero.

HF Evan, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  4. CeeboSocial

CeeboSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I actually paid for the script, and if you do download it illegally, it's not legal. Mine was purchased, and I have the proof of the purchase for the script as well.

I'm aware the site needs some work, which is another reason I'm selling. It's still made earnings and has extreme potential with the way it is right now.

5. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    where you have got your estimates, pls use analytic to get exact info, for my pov without any serious info you will not get any serious appraisal,however here is your site analysis

DOMAIN AUTHORITY
    15 /100

PAGE AUTHORITY
    27 /100

backlinks 91:

my advice dont go to sell it, you may hardly get xx$, try developing it.

neteater, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  6. CeeboSocial

CeeboSocial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The domain is under whois privacy, which may effect any score for the safety. Also, I have proof of the statistics I provided. $1600 total income to date and only paid out $96 plus the $150 for hosting. So overall, around $1300 income to date, from establishment date April 14th. Also, haven't bothered with the site in months, only spent the first 3-4 months actually promoting it weekly and gaining interest, yet it's still going up on alexa every week without advertising anymore. Also, still gaining purchases.

7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And there's your problem - you use a commercially available script which means there are probably hundreds of other, identical sites out there. You need to establish a clear point of difference from them and you haven't done that which means your site is worthless. I can just buy the script, buy a better domain and I don't need your site which comes with risks (like spammy inbound links, spammy email history).

sarahk, Jan 28, 2015 IP
  8. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to respectfully disagree with the above opinions.

If the website was being sold as a starter site - you wouldn't want to use a commercially available script. However, with that being said there are hundreds of $20.00 scripts being sold for hundreds of dollars on Flippa as brand new, recently launched websites.

Here are some examples of this... and he is a "super seller" as well:
    https://flippa.com/3884793-pr1-popu...-stats-site-passive-revenue-on-full-autopilot
    https://flippa.com/3796181-popular-...-stats-site-passive-revenue-on-full-autopilot

----
    The difference with your site is - it is NOT a starter website. It's an established website. So, just because someone could purchase the script from somewhere else, they are going to be more interested in the member list (hopefully they all have verified emails), traffic flow, revenue flow etc. that come with THIS website.

I can't give you a complete appraisal with only the information provided above, but if you are still interested in selling it, I would be more than happy to get some info from you and do a free appraisal.

Matthew Sayle, Mar 26, 2015 IP