1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with domain name and brand

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by KiaraJ, Nov 23, 2014.

I am thinking about re-branding my logo and well as my name before I create my personal portfolio site. I like KJ Designs but that is sort of common my Instagram name has KJ Kreations and I have had that integrated into my logo but now I am thinking about KJ Gfx or something. Domains avaiable are kreationskj.com, kjgfx.com, and designskj.com

KiaraJ, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, I don't think kreationskj, especially kjgfx will be a good domain name. Personally, I don't like it, kjgfx is a bit hard to remember.
    If you want to re-brand then why don't use the your wholename instead? (if it is still available)
    Something like, KiaraCreations.com or KiaraGraphicCreations.com

Patricia Ann Lee, Nov 23, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow and sarahk like this.
  3. KiaraJ

KiaraJ Member

Best Answers:
    I have definitely thought of re-branding with my name and I have not checked domains but I will. I am just worried about long domain names

KiaraJ, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  4. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Long domain names wouldn't be a problem if they are easy to remember, besides long isn't that too long.
    Would you rather have qfyrx.com than WebGraphicCreations.com?
    If you are a new site visitor, what would you most probably remember? The first url or the second url? :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  5. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    You should not post the domains you intend to use because people might buy them if you did not get them already.

AMJAlienServers, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  6. flexable77

flexable77 Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to domain names you need to consider how you want to use it. Will it be only for branding an easy to remember name and something that you can tell everyone about? Or, is it something you want people to find easily on the web when searching? The .com , .net, .org domains are the more common is the USA and rank well for SEO.

flexable77, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  7. KiaraJ

KiaraJ Member

Best Answers:
    You're right the second one would be easier

KiaraJ, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  8. KiaraJ

KiaraJ Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I thought about that but I really needed opinions and didn't know how to ask without telling

KiaraJ, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  9. KiaraJ

KiaraJ Member

Best Answers:
    I have decided to sell custom crafts as well and plan on opening a shop/boutique. I will be doing graphic design and custom crafts. Now I'm more confused with branding and choosing a name. I'm starting from scratch again and probably not going with my first ideas or my name.

KiaraJ, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  10. pthomasgarcia

pthomasgarcia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What I do when I want to come up with a creative brand name is look for inspiration in obvious things around me, no matter how insignificant e.g. postcards, phrases in articles I read or even my current emotions. Then I play with words; I mix and match them to form compound words that look and sound good together. Sometimes the name might convey meaning about the brand, other times, not so much, but that's okay, because creative brands are actually better if they are creative.

pthomasgarcia, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  11. KiaraJ

KiaraJ Member

Best Answers:
    I think that I have been trying to come up with something too obvious. I keep asking myself how will people know what kind of business I have if the name is weird but my creative mind isn't satisfied with anything plain or familiar.

KiaraJ, Feb 22, 2015 IP
  12. pthomasgarcia

pthomasgarcia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it can be frustrating attempting to satisfy both your creative and logical mind if they are seemingly headed in opposite directions. If you want, shoot me a PM, and we can brainstorm some ideas.

pthomasgarcia, Feb 22, 2015 IP
  13. Hitesh B

Hitesh B Member

Best Answers:
    You have your Brand in mind with is catchy and easy to remember. However, I cannot say the same for your domain names. kreationskj.com and kjgfx.com are not only difficult to pronounce but also to type and remember . I suggest that you have a look at other extensions such as .Company .Host ,
    These will not only give you an edge but also give your domain names an easier way to remember for your Customers to access your website. last resort, rebrand your Company 'KSJ Kreations' since it is misspelt (grammatically).

Hitesh B, Feb 27, 2015 IP