1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with cgi/perl code

Discussion in 'Programming' started by gavin watson, Jun 29, 2010.

Hello all,

I hope this is the best place to put my query. The following code is from a CGI file which resides on a device that has a small built in unix based webserver. What currently happens is that the code %61 returns the state of a variable held in the device and will display 'On' or 'Off' depending on a perticular state of the device. What I would like to do is query the variable and have it change the font colour to green if it is 'On' or red if it is 'Off'. I am able to change the code in the device and upload the new CGI page, so it is configurable. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this, can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you in advance for your help/advice.

<td><div align="center"><span class="style1"><br />
          Device 1 is currently<br />
          <span class="style8">%61</span></span><br />
          <br />
        </div>
    </td>
    Code (markup):

On a separate note, I would also like some help with the following situation, also similar to above in that it is a CGI file that resides on the same device. What I would like is that in the above code, where is says 'Device 1' is it possible to get this text from a separate file, maybe a file called device1.txt where I can chagne the name for the device instead of having it called 'Device 1' it looks at a separate file and fills in the correct name from the external file?

Again, thank you in advance.

gavin watson, Jun 29, 2010 IP