1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help With Building a Forum

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by ken123, Jan 14, 2006.

I am a newbie when it comes to building a forum. I want to start my own forum similar to the look and feel of digitalPoint.
    Can sombody recommend me a book or a website for me to read up on how to start a forum for newbie or dummy?
    How easy is it to set it up for a newbie like me? Thanks.

ken123, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  2. altyfc

altyfc Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually creating a forum is very easy (see sites like phpBB.com and vBulletin). The hard bit is in getting them active. If you do go ahead and create a board and need to encourage activity, you would be welcome to join our post exchange group.

Aaron

altyfc, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  3. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to "spam" or promote my own site so blatantly, but it's exactly what you asked for...Check out my forums here. There's lots of material in there for you to read up on...if you have specific questions, you can ask those too. As a matter of fact, if you have any specific questions you would like to ask right here, fire away and I'll help you out...we've also released a new automated post exchange over there which will help your forums get going

As far as one single place or book to find everything you need, good luck finding that...let me know when you do, hehe. Your best bet is just to browse around for the basics and learn from there...First shop for the different types of software...then shop for a host....install the forums....read about mods and skins....promote, build...so on and so forth. There will always be something new to learn

GTAce, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  4. xJulian

xJulian Banned

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend AdminFusion / PostFusion. I use it myself and it is a great way to get your forum active.

Go with GTAce.

xJulian, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  5. altyfc

altyfc Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I was thinking the address for our post exchange was in my sig, but it's not. The URL is http://www.aardvarkinternet.net/chat/viewtopic.php?t=14

Aaron

altyfc, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  6. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Julian, glad to hear you're so happy with it....Nothing makes a webmaster feel better than testimonials like that :)

GTAce, Jan 14, 2006 IP