1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help With Blog And Link Strategy.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by adslgeek, Feb 16, 2013.

Hey there,

I have a series of different websites in a few different niches, but I was keen to have a place to blog (some of them are basic HTML, and will need me to port the design to a WP blog is possible but a bit of fiddle), so I was contemplating a sort of link wheel model, where I blog on a separate site, then link back to my primary site.

What I thought was that for sure, a blog which has good quality content updating is great, but I was wondering if the domain rank from an offsite blog which has high traffic would be a good way to link build / also direct traffic to my sites.

I was going to have it coming from Quora blogs, but the whole customer firewall thing is a waste of time / I don't trust them to look out for their users first. Also I have seen that if we use blockquote (Quora does this) with a link back to the original site, then that is supposed to pass link juice back (without duplicate content penalties for either).

So the layout choice is:

Quora -> blogger platform -> my site

Or

Quora -> My site

Of course then I also want to have a simple and automated way to alert other social media when each blog post is updated, and I have a few of my Social profiles chained together

Twitter, FB, G+, Quora -> my blog post wherever they are.

I would love to hear your feedback!

adslgeek, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  2. kamran210

kamran210 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Automation is always good . I would be keen to see useful info on this thread

kamran210, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  3. adslgeek

adslgeek Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers - I think the automation part is pretty straight forward it just what the best approach is from a link / duplication penalty / PR perspective that I am most curious about.
    Any option has to be easy to administer etc too.

4. kamran210

kamran210 Active Member

Best Answers:
    any way using feeds>?

kamran210, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  5. adslgeek

adslgeek Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean? Eg the mechanism to post to multipe sites? That part is pretty simple, but making sure that it is SEO neutral / not actually working against SEO is the trick.

6. kamran210

kamran210 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think using feeds would be seo unfriendly.. as long as you just show post titles in your feeds . The Idea is that by syndicating different social bookmarking /networking sites on can achieve that. many sites have integrated twitter,facebook and Big g . I have personally syndicated my content between 5 or 6 sites like . when i post something it is automatically shared on twitter ,facebook ,identi.ca and some other sites and i do get decent refferal traffic . I mean there is no tool for that but all these sites allow that kind of syndication . Most probably there are many sites that offer this service of syndication . Infact there was one that shared to 20 plus bookmarking /networking sites . ( Sadly i dont remember the name -it was easy one - will tell you when i remember that site's name :D )

kamran210, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  7. uleesgold

uleesgold Member

Best Answers:
    what do you use to auto syndicate to those social networking sites? I just found this: http://page2rss.com/
    but I don't think it would post to all of those.

uleesgold, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. Eugene_K.

Eugene_K. Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to automatically upload content to multiple platforms, I suggest using
    https://ifttt.com/
    Very simple but cool stuff. I'm hooking up my facebook, twitter, linked in, and blog together right now =)

Eugene_K., Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Instead of constantly updating these Quora blogs why don't you have all of this content on your actual site? You'd be much better off having more (and constant) content on site. Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish?

quadxnet, Feb 21, 2013 IP