1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with a vB Advanced Install

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by jawinn, Aug 6, 2006.

I recently asked if anyone had ever paid for a vB Advanced install here. A ton of people said that I should just throw out my issue here; duh! I should have done that first I guess.

Anyway here are my issues. Please let me know if you can offer any advice. These are all for a vB ver 3.5.4 and vB Advanced CMPS ver 2.1.0.

First I cannot login or out from my vB Advanced CMPS home page. I can login and out from the vB Forums page though. I tried reinstalling but got the same problem. I also tried logging in from severl different machines and browsers, same problem.

Second I want to be able to display images in the header, but only on the home page template for CMPS.

Third I want to remove the nav bar for the CMPS home page.

And lastlly I wanted to know if I can put the login box into a module on the CMPS.

Any help is much appreciated as always.

jawinn, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  2. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Remove Navbar
    admincp>vBa CMPS>Default Settings>Enable Navbar>disable.

2. Logging in and out from the cmps index is probably due to the fact that whe you click login it goes to xxx.com/login. Am I correct? I need a little mor einfo on what your errors are and what you want to do with the images. I am here for most of the day so when you respond I will see it.

Neptune, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  3. vbwiz

vbwiz Peon

Best Answers:
    All the things you want in that description is the default setting when you first installed VBA.

vbwiz, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  4. jawinn

jawinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    How would I display images in the header for only on the home page template for CMPS?

I'm also trying to add a form to a vB Advanced with little success. I keep getting this error:

The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in html/forums/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3537) : eval()'d code on line 12
    This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.

Any ideas?

jawinn, Aug 6, 2006 IP