1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[HELP] Windows 64bit and 32 bit apps !

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Techmafia, Dec 2, 2011.

Hello DPers

I need your help regarding this one !
    I searched many forums and help threads on internet but was not really satisfied wiht the results...

I have windows 64 bit and all major applications like firefox,,chrome,xampp,scrapebox and others run on 32bit !

Wow64 is something which allows 32bit apps to be running fluently in Windows 64 bit env.

last time I did tihs and my motherboard crashed (dont know it was due to this or something else to be real! )

So is it really OK to run 32 bits apps on 64 bit OS ?

PS: I dont want to install Virtual box or something similar :D

Thanks
    Please guide

Techmafia, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  2. Glock

Glock Active Member

Best Answers:
    You dont need to do anything at all to install or run 32bit apps on 64 bit windows. Windows automatically checks for compatibility and runs the apps accordingly.

Glock, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  3. trancedman

trancedman Peon

Best Answers:
    100% OK. RAM is more and more cheap. All software will be soon on 64bit. 5 years I guess.

trancedman, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  4. ThePassiveIncomeBlog

ThePassiveIncomeBlog Active Member

Best Answers:
    32 Bits apps will not work in 64 bit OS. when you download or install the software. It automatically choose the version or given the option to choose. So select the appropriate version.

ThePassiveIncomeBlog, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  5. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You really should not give comments on things you do not know the basics on. 32-bit applications do work on a 64-bit Operating System. If the application vendor provides a 64-bit version of their software, it would be more efficient to use that rather than the 32-bit version.

For downloads, it does not make sense for a vendor to bundle both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions in the same download. What you have given as an example of the automatic version choosing is more true if the software is on a CD/DVD media.

Claudek, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  6. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    you are right.but before setup your windows7 than make sure you have at least 2 GB RAM.

eyesight, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  7. StormInternet

StormInternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with Claudek, lots of 32 bit applications work on 64 bit operating system which totally depends on its compatibility.
    I my self have installed many 32 bit applications on 64 bit server operating system

StormInternet, Aug 27, 2012 IP