1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help w/ installing OSCOmmerce contributions

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by MrMoolah.com, Mar 24, 2007.

Morning,
    I'am trying to install my first contrib and its asking me to to apply the "diff" patch or use "MS2 patched files" of this file. I don't understand what to do, anybody able to tell me what this is asking me to do and how to do it?

MrMoolah.com, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  2. MrMoolah.com

MrMoolah.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no one can help with this?? I cant seem to get any contribs working. hmmm..... I must be missing sorry BIG.

MrMoolah.com, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  3. www.mazoo.co.uk

www.mazoo.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    what contribution are you tring to install? it might be a sql update its wanting you to install, i have a lot of experience with oscommerce, send me a PM if you are still stuck.

www.mazoo.co.uk, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  4. smallbizstartupkit

smallbizstartupkit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically they're assuming you're running software that can compare the original file with the changed version otherwise known as applying a patch. Usually, on oscommerce there are many versions listed. Try a different version that allows you just to change the files manually if the contribution didn't include proper instructions.

smallbizstartupkit, Mar 26, 2007 IP