1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP: Total Organic Visits vs Total Organic Searches

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by BranBran87, Nov 7, 2020.

Hi,

I have been searching for an answer for hours, but till now to no avail. Therefore, i came here to see if anyone can answer my questions in layman's terms.

1. Is it true that Sessions & Visits are the same?

2. What does the "Organic Search" metric mean?? (Refer to screenshot) I feel that this description "The number of organic searches that occurred within a session" is vague and confusing.
    Does it mean, for instance, I search for "nike shoes" on google & i enter "Nike Homepage" (One session is created) Then, i click "back" button to return to search results, scroll down and i click another link to enter "Nike Shoes" page. As it's still under the same website within a time frame of 30 minutes, so am i right to say
    No. of Organic Session: 1
    No. of Organic Searches: 2 (Since i click on 2 different links on Google to enter the Nike website)

3. Total Organic Visits

Scenario A:

Ok so now i either have 2 Google Chrome browser windows or 2 tabs opened in one Google Chrome browser (Guess it doesn't make a difference?). One is Yahoo search engine, the other is Google search engine. Based on the previous example, i enter the "Nike" website on both Yahoo and Google in 2 separate windows/tabs. So, in this case, is this counted as 1 or 2 organic sessions?

Scenario B:
    I enter the Nike Homepage via Google. Somehow, i decide to search using Yahoo instead so, i change the URL from google.com to yahoo.com and perform the same search and enter the Nike website. So, is this counted as 1 or 2 organic sessions?

If you guys see the screenshots, you will notice the Total Organic Visits are more than Total Organic Searches which i feel it doesn't make sense.

I appreciate if any gurus can help me with this. Thanks a lot![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BranBran87, Nov 7, 2020 IP