1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help to choose good programming language.

Discussion in 'Programming' started by faky, Oct 15, 2009.

Hello all,

I wanted to make a career in programming basically i prefer to go in java and oracle. But between this two i want to choose only one as it is not possible for me to go for both, i am very much confused with this two programming which one to choose. Some people say Java is best and some say Oracle is best for me, i belongs to computer science stream and i don't have much knowledge about this two programming. So, if anybody is having good skill in two field then help me to choose the best as a CS student.

Thanks

faky, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  2. pneulameiro

pneulameiro Peon

Best Answers:
    oracle is not a programming language. it is the company that develops the oracle database system.Java is a good PL to start. It has a huge field.

pneulameiro, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. faky

faky Guest

Best Answers:
    As i have already mention that i belongs to CS, recently I visit a institution to take a short term course they says that Oracle is best for me as a CS student. is that true that oracle is best for CS student? Is there anything like this? or are they just saying for their profit only?

faky, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. pneulameiro

pneulameiro Peon

Best Answers:
    oracle is the developer of the best database system of today. oracle is not a programming language. the oracle database system has some resources to create forms, reporst and etc, but oracle is not a programming language. You, that has a cs background, should know this point.

They want to have more support by the academic community :) But if they offer you a job so better you learn everything about the oracle database :)

pneulameiro, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  5. dwayne12

dwayne12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I'd scrap Java. Its use is dwindling (others would argue with this). What you are better off doing is learning Python. I am a PHP convert, absolutely love Python. If Google use Python for their back-end stuff, it must be good enough right?

dwayne12, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  6. Gungz

Gungz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you'd best learning Java.
    It has many libraries and many communities support Java

Gungz, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  7. faky

faky Guest

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right buddy, i was just little confuse with this two actually, now i knew it which one will be best for me and i think, i should better prefer to go for Java.

faky, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  8. gacba

gacba Peon

Best Answers:
    Speaking as a Java guy, you'll have lots of opportunities by studying Java and it's many frameworks. I'd advise specializing to give you more oomph on the resume (Java by itself doesn't hold much sway over anyone these days...)

gacba, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  9. maciejam

maciejam Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you prefer better. If you like to write applications choose Java but if you prefer data processing Oralce (SQL/PSQL) is better choice. :)

maciejam, Oct 21, 2009 IP