1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help: Thread Display Option & Insufficient Privileges

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by AcidicLeo, Feb 19, 2015.

Hi Everyone, I have two issues for which I want help from old timers. Here they are:
    1. Like other forums, this forum also has facility to sort thread based upon "Last Reply" criteria. I did it from "Thread Display Option" available at bottom of forum, but this is specific to a single forum. Is there any way to do it for all the forum?
    2. I get this message in few of the forums: "(You have insufficient privileges to post here. [why?])". How do I fulfill the requirements. The page which the provided link leads me to is very confusing.
    Please help me on both of the issues.

Edit: For info, I am trying to post into Sites forum where I see insufficient privileges message. I see new threads there though.

Solved! View solution.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    AcidicLeo, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know about the first issue, but with the second issue are you trying to post in one of the deprecated forums, i:e
    Cheap Stuff, eBooks, Templates, Scripts or Content?
    If so they are not open for posting anymore.

malky66, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  3. AcidicLeo

AcidicLeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am trying to post into Sites forum. I see new threads there.

4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Feb 19, 2015 IP
    There is no way to set the option globally for your account if that's what you mean. The best you can do is what you've already done (pick the sort order while viewing the forum).

The error message you saw on the bottom of the page was a mistake and has been fixed.

digitalpoint, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  6. AcidicLeo

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's what I exactly meant. Thanks for the info that there is no option of setting it globally and I'll have to repeat the exercise for each forum I frequently visit.

Oh good! Thanks for the help. I thought it has to do with some restriction based on user group. Thanks for all the help. Appreciated.

7. AcidicLeo

Best Answers:
    This is a completely new topic but I didn't wanted to open a new thread and clutter the forum so continuing in this thread only.

My query is what provision or rules are in place if a TS starts a Design Contest on false requirements and lies. He may payout the money he has promised in the thread but the judgement criteria is not based upon the requirements he has specified. Then what as a designer I have to do and what action will be taken against him.

P.S. Mods-This may be off-topic from this thread title, but I wanted to keep the forum clean.

AcidicLeo, Feb 23, 2015 IP