1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help setting up website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Spooks, May 30, 2017.

Hey, i am a new graduate and i am trying to set up a wordpress theme where i can simply upload animations and it looks professional and similar to a person i know.

I dont have much money or anything but if anyone wants to lend a hand or have a chat it would be appreciated.

Arran

Spooks, May 30, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    this is the forum to ask questions and get answers so fire away with specific issues you are having.

Are you using the wordpress.com or are have you bought hosting and installing wordpress yourself?

sarahk, May 30, 2017 IP
  3. Spooks

Spooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have purchased hosting and have Wordpress installed with a theme, although I struggle to get it set up with a similar layout to my friends where it shows lots of videos on the first page, obviously the videos would be my own animations but its in the control panel logging in and setting up I am awful with. If it a widget or an app to have videos playing on websites such as simonreeves.com?

Spooks, May 30, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    For starters the theme your friend has created/used has made a mess under the covers. Too many problems to get into here except to say that you can do better than that!

If he's actually a "friend" how come he's not helping you out?

Having a look at the source he seems to be using

sarahk, May 30, 2017 IP
  5. Spooks

Spooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's more the videos playing on home screen that I'm trying to achieve. And he's a guy who went to my mates university who I met a couple of times and had a few beers with but I know he's extremely busy. Is there a widget for the videos ?

Spooks, May 31, 2017 IP
  6. deepakdev

deepakdev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try this theme CBFTLP . I think the website which you have mentioned in the post using CBFTLP this theme

deepakdev, May 31, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. ahmedsheeraz

ahmedsheeraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    it was better if you use wordpress.com as they have it all setup and ready to go website but as now you are already on a self hosted website, try to search video plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/ (its official plugins repository) and get yourself familiar with WordPress http://learningcms.com/how-to-start-a-blog-step-by-step-guide/ hope this helps.

You don't even need a theme, the default theme frontpage will display all posts. Just upload your videos to youtube and paste the url in each post and it will appear automatically.

ahmedsheeraz, May 31, 2017 IP
  8. Meina

Meina Active Member

Best Answers:
    The first page you're talking, are you referring to the homepage? It's where people land when they go to a website.

I'm a bit confused about the video. Do you want to put it there and have people click on it to watch it or do you want it as a background and set it to automatically play when people visit your site?

If it's the latter, then you need to have a theme that has that option. I'm not sure if a generic theme can do that. If it's the former, copy the embed code of the video you want and paste it on your page/post. A generic theme can do this.

Meina, Jun 8, 2017 IP
  9. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion youtube its your best friend as its too much step for someone to teach you it takes some time

Spartan14, Jul 25, 2017 IP