1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help, please!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by uzer, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    could you chek this report for mistakes please???

Once upon a time I was walking along the street, that’s situated in the center of Tallinn. I used to do my shopping every week at this time.
    Suddenly a luxurious sport-car making a terrible noise had hit a pedestrian, who tried to cross the road. It was very aful seeing. The blood was everywhere. The pedestrian was liing under the car and a little piece of metal exhaust pipe was in his chest. I thought that his neck was broken. Car driver was also wounded, but he get off the car and started to help to the victim. Fortunately a knew what to do so I called The emergency Rescue Servise and the Police. Then I helped to keep victim’s neck fixed because we thought that it was broken. Then a looked to victim’s limbs they were injured badly. We tried not to move the body because it would be harmful for tat guy. But we tried to put a bandage on the cuted right hand. His left leg was blue in colour, so we were afraid to do anithing with it.
    In five minutes we heard that ambulance is coming. They took victim to the hospital to treat him better.
    I think tjat this accident has happened because of drunked driver. So I think that it’s better not to drive if you’re drunked.

thanks a lot!!!!! please correct mistakes i need it very much!

uzer, May 3, 2004 IP
  2. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this some type of school work? Whats this "report" for?

There are quite a few of mistakes in your "report," but I don't think anyone is going to sit down and re-write the entire thing for you if its some sort of school related project.

Also - Wouldn't Microsoft Word help you quite a bit with your grammer? I understand that it won't do a complete job for you, but it would definately find quite a few errors with reference to grammer.

Hexed

hexed, May 3, 2004 IP
  3. uzer

uzer Guest

Best Answers:
    ye, u'r right it's a school work, but my MS word isn't working properly and unfortunately a have no cd at home, so if it's not hard to u can you write a mistakes only and the right form of word/clause/sentense.

uzer, May 3, 2004 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess you're a good ol' southern boy who doesn't read books much...

"A" reckon you should try it, you might find out how to write a sentence. I've given my husband crap for years about his english but he looks like a star by comparison.

FYI: in a real police report you'd have street names, the direction the car was travelling, the direction the pedestrian was walking.

So, either I've fallen into a hoax or you really are a "uzer"

sarahk, May 3, 2004 IP
  5. uzer

uzer Guest

Best Answers:
    i don't need REAL police report it's may hometask at school. And i'm not southern boy, I'm northen i'm from Estonia, anyway thanks :)

uzer, May 3, 2004 IP
  6. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Posting homework in a forum? Where was the Internet when I was growing up :confused:

GuyFromChicago, May 3, 2004 IP
  7. 333

333 Guest

Best Answers:
    The title of the forum suggests 'any topic' -- so . . .

Would you please check this report for mistakes?

Once upon a time, I was walking down the street, in the center of Tallinn. I used to do my shopping every week at the same time.
    Suddenly, a luxury sports car made a terrible noise - it hit a pedestrian trying to cross the road. It was an awful sight! Blood was everywhere. The pedestrian was lying under the car, and a little piece of metal exhaust pipe was in his chest. I thought that his neck was broken, too. The driver of the car was also wounded, but he got out of the car and started to help the victim. Fortunately, I knew what to do, so I called the Emergency Rescue Service and the police. I helped keep the victim’s neck in a fixed position because we thought it was broken. Then I looked at the victim’s limbs; they were injured badly. We tried not to move him because it would be harmful (or, you could say, "because we would have harmed him.") We tried to put a bandage on the cut on his right hand. His left leg had turned blue in color, so we were afraid to do anything with it.
    A few minutes later, we heard an ambulance coming. They took the pedestrian to the hospital to treat him.
    I believe that this accident happened because the driver was drunk. I think it’s better not to drive if you’re drunk. (A drunk driver is one who has drunk too much, or has had too much to drink. People sometimes drink more than they should. Later, they wish they hadn't drunk as much as they did. I drank some beer yesterday, but I didn't get drunk.)

Thanks a lot!!!!! Please correct any mistakes -- I need this very much!

BTW, I hope someone's as helpful when I need something translated, or even just edited . . . But I'd hate to think this is a homework assignment. How old are you? (And if you're under 14, you shouldn't even answer.)

333, May 3, 2004 IP
  8. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Hey it's fun and not everyone has UK/US english as first language

here is my take - which keywords would/could you target with such a story?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Couple of points as UK English is my second or third language as well.
    Pasttime is used directly not like in some germanic and other languages.

Not - I did go - it's I went.
    It's I walked - not I did walk...
    The car made a noise or the impact ?

One upon a time is a bit of an fairy tale opening...

Here is a bit of a rewrite – newspaper style - for ideas....

At the right place at the right time!

Avoidable accidents still happen - From the center of Tallinn

It was only yesterday that I walked down a street in the centre of Tallinn with such important things as my weekly shopping list on my mind. Suddenly I was forced to put my first aid knowledge to the test.

Right in front of me the drama unfolded. A sports car hit a pedestrian trying to cross the road. The awful noise is something one is not likely to forget in a hurry. What an dreadful sight, like a discarded doll a person sprawled partially under the car with a bit of the broken exhaust pipe poking like a flagpole from his chest.

The driver, seemed only slightly injured, staggered from the car and seemed confused wanting to help but not knowing what to do.

Shopping forgotten my first aid training kicked in. I asked bystanders to phone the emergency services whilst I started tending to the victim.

The driver although intend to help nearly knocked me out when I got a whif of his alcohol laced breath.

It is important to fix the position of any injured person when you suspect broken necks or spines.

Than with the help of the driver, still avoiding breathing in the intoxicating fumes, we bandaged some cuts in the victims hands but dared not move him as his limbs seemed to be badly hurt. The left leg where we could see no obvious bleeding started to show an intensifying bluish colour.

Minutes later the ambulance arrived and took over .....

sorry my linch break has ended part II in tomorrows newspaper....

M (don't forget to spell check it's my seconf/third language)

PS Welcome to Euope

expat, May 4, 2004 IP
  9. uzer

uzer Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah, thank you VERY MUCH! :)

uzer, May 4, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.