1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Online payments connecting to database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Danielle Collins, Feb 9, 2019.

I am attempting to assist a client in creating a payment site for their tenants. They do not want anything too involved (ha!) but want tenants to be able to log in on a basic website, see what they owe and make payments. I have offered him the suggestion on simply sending out invoices by email through QuickBooks or similar, shown all-in-one management systems for landlords (unfortunately the ones I found that are in his budget just email invoices same as QuickBooks), and offered a simple "let them enter in the amount." None of these options are acceptable for the reason of he and his tenants are not computer savvy. So the challenge is, in order to stay in his price range, I am looking for existing software that will allow him to plug in addresses and payment amounts & due dates in which a tenant can sign up, view and pay online. And if at all possible, auto add late payments. He is okay with payments being made through PayPal, Swipe, Square, or any other major service with fees under 3%.

Danielle Collins, Feb 9, 2019 IP
  2. stephan2307

stephan2307 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can your client not simply use the paypal request money feature?

If not, if it really needs to be a stand alone system then I can help. Send me a pm and we can discuss this.

stephan2307, Feb 12, 2019 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your client needs to get realistic about the costs of a property management system which is what he's looking for. I've heard this same explanation countless times, they want it simple and cheap, which it actually isn't because it already involves a member area, payment system, scheduling system, penalty system, etc., and then you'll experience scope/feature creep to an unimaginable level. Use a gateway or paypal with recurring billing and/or a built-in invoicing system. There's nothing that I know of that's going to be cheap or free and if there is, it will likely require substantial customization and ongoing support.

jestep, Feb 21, 2019 IP