1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Not receiving SMS code from Liqpay.com

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by misshappy, Oct 9, 2010.

No matter what i do, I just am NOT receiving their SMS verification for Liqpay.com! I have sprint cell phone provider and tried everything from sprint's end also from liqpay's end...but just not getting it.

My friend also has this problem. Does anybody know a way around this? Is there an online service that receives SMS code? Sigh, thanks in advance!

misshappy, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  2. subaru20

subaru20 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Me too, i have the same problem :(

subaru20, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  3. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, Did you enter your mobile phone number with the country code? This seems to be a mistake users are making.

OnTheEdge, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  4. misshappy

misshappy Peon

Best Answers:
    hi thanks for the reply. yes, i have entered using my country code....3rd day now and still not working. even liqpay doesn't know what to do anymore....

misshappy, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  5. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay, did liqpay say that other users were reporting problems? I would suggest the following (keep in mind I don't have this problem and neither should you) find someone who has AT&T or NexTel, AlTel or some other carrier and get them to sign up and see if they have problems, if not than it might be Verizon blocking the SMS even though they say they are not, i.e. their system may not accept SMS's from certain areas or without certain information attached. If you find someone who can sign up and receive SMS's then you can get a cheap unlocked phone and just buy a Sims card to use for any online banking you want to do.

Here is a link I found where VM (Virgin Mobile USA) is blocking this service, American Companies Do Not Want their subscribers to move around or have any freedoms at all. After reading this I think this is most likley your problem and I would consider using a different carrier or going unlocked, if available try T-Mobil since their based in Europe maybe they don't have a block. Here's the link: cellphoneforums.net/virgin-mobile/t315397-virgin-mobile-usa-blocked-sms-text-msg-reception-new-beyond-talk-plan.html

6. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey wanted to add you might look at using Google Voice. I can't use it but I understand you can get a phone number that will send & receive SMSes which might just fix the problem.

7. w.putin

w.putin Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, because of fraud liqpay doesnt work with the USA at all. Besides that liqpay blocks all transfers higher than 100$.

w.putin, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  8. Tomastamm

Tomastamm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you have to check 2-WaySMS, they provide Virtual Mobile Numbers for sms receiving

Tomastamm, Oct 13, 2010 IP
  9. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was trying to find one of these to suggest but they are all to expensive. I mean 2000$ a year to host a SIM Card. It's a nice idea but most people aren't going to pay that.

OnTheEdge, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  10. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never heard of them Blocking transfers over 100$ were did you here/read that? I would really like to know. As for U.S liqpay (unless they just changed) works with everyone. According to the article I posted above they guy was in the U.S it was simply his mobil carrier who is actually blocking the SMS, they just don't want to admit they are censoring the content you receive. This guy received the first SMS but after that was unable to receive any more.

Really interested in the whole 100$ thing, really let me know were you have seen that I need to know.

OnTheEdge, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  11. Talker

Talker Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You dont get the SMS because of the service provider you are on. Liqpay sends SMS, but if their SMS provider does not support routing your cell service provider, the SMS will not be received on your end.
    Simply change your service provide , or get a new number from a different provider in your country and then try.

Talker, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  12. w.putin

w.putin Peon

Best Answers:

Have you seen terms and agreements/conditions on liqpay.com??? There aren`t any!!! It`s looks like a game but only liqpay knows the rules - you don`t.
    As for blocking transfers - yes, you can deposit money to liqpay, you can transfer you money if security department approved this. Problems begin when you want to withdraw you money. I don`t say it is always so. But it happens too often.

w.putin, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  13. azigo

azigo Peon

Best Answers:
    I had same problem. I solved it by chatting with liqpay's customer support. Simply click on "Chat" tab on the right side on the page, and start chat. They will ask for your phone number, and for that number, sms will be sent from US, not from Russia.

azigo, Jun 23, 2012 IP