1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help needed with ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse

Discussion in 'Apache' started by jeddwala, Mar 28, 2016.

Hi all,

I am very new to apache and have been given a task.

We have an internal server on which web services are deployed, which we need to expose over the internet so the vendor application can consume it.
    But as per the internal policy we cant expose the internal server, in order to do so we have kept an external server and we need too call the web services using the external server which is kept on public ip and exposed to the internet.

lets suppose

the request will come to externalserver.domain.com and apache will listen to it and forward it to the internalserver.localdomain.com and get the requested webservices and give it to the externalserver.domain.com

for this i am trying the below method

ProxyPass /webservices h"tt"p:/"/internalserver.localdomain.com:8000/webservices/SOAProvider/plsql/xxx_customer_pkg/"
    ProxyPassReverse /webservices h"t"tp:/"/internalserver.localdomain.com:8000/webservices/SOAProvider/plsql/xxx_customer_pkg/"

note : above i put "" bcuz the forum is not letting me post in the original file im not using ""

now what happens is that on browser i am able to get the desire result but if i am using soapUI on which i need to test it is failing and the error states as below.

Connect to internalserver.localdomain.com:8000 [internalserver.localdomain.com:8000/10.0.251.44] failed: Connection timed out: connect

but if i use VPN and use the same method it works.

Can any1 please guide me.

I will be really greatful for this help.

Thanks and Regards

jeddwala, Mar 28, 2016 IP