1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help needed Sitewide Problem, please help.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Brian1970, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad you are brave enough to respond here...

calm down guys :)

Agent47, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    kiviniar and Blogmaster like this.
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was hoping I'd be able to fix things and got sidetracked with other things. Sorry about the inconvenience, Rob. Hope we can still be friends. :)

Blogmaster, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    Agent47 and Brian1970 like this.
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Now I've gone ahead and deleted my previous post, because it was resolved(thanks Mike. yes we are still friends.),

But to prove my point regarding what I had said earlier, I've bolded exactly what always tends to happen.

And that is why I have such a very hard time with this stuff these days.

Time is just too critical for me these days. Especially with what I have planned. And really, if I could afford a full-time link checker, I surely would, but I'm a poor man =/

Anyone want to volunteer? :)

an0n, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  4. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have one subscriber on ms that will stay until the subscription ends unless it’s cancelled by the buyer.

It’s over now, unless I’m told before I expect my arrangement to last for one year.

Unless both parties come to an agreement, this should stay the case.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster and maldives like this.
  5. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The forums get my attention because whenever something is posted about me, someone here will message me. I always have msn messenger on. The others sometimes. So yeah, unless I get a PM or an email, posting here does the trick.

6. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry but I think its wrong to cancel any featured or sponser link thats been paid for unless the content of said site has changed to where its not appropriate that like biting off the hand that feeds you I sell Partner links on my site at 15 per year which is a good price even if I got a good pr I would keep the ones that paid . I am only thinking about maybe cutting back on the amount of links to sell as they are unsponsered links and when I originally got links into my site I told anyone that was from dp if they submitted I would have them as a feature for one year

jminscoe, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  7. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes good to see that brian go ahead and post such stuff. he im'ed me before, and i told him nothing is final i m just asking for opinions.

and it was not final ....

i said i am thinking of cutting down the number of sitewides...

and when brian contacted me, i told him its not final, and after talking to Chris, he advised me not to do it yet, and wait until the pr updates after that you can have your own reasoning.

Rob sure you can put me to the QBC list if you like ... if thats what you call QBC.

I am not stealing anybody's anything and when i talk to Brian via IM ... i told him its not final.

and i send them the pm again all the people about my decision after talking to chris.

smub, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  8. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wtf does Chris have to do with this?

Did you consult Chris prior to sending out this pm? answer? NO

Chris isn't some sort of savior, and bringing up his name wont change the validity in anything else typed.

So just to get the point across, stop using someone elses credibility for your qbc type acts, because that is what this was an act of, whether you like to read it or not.

an0n, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster and maldives like this.
  9. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i never said i consulted this with chris before hands...

i said after talking to several people like chris....

and i didn't steal anyone's money nor did i take any actions ... i was asking for ideas and see what people thing....

i emailed certain people and i did not want to ask this in public ... otherwise i wud've done so ....

but now this matter is public so let it be..

and i like how u put gas on fire ... to make it big :)

it wud've been QBC action if i take their money and don't give them wat they paid for... and i never refuse to do that.

it is a 2 party contract.. and either sides can cancel it whenever they like as long as the product is given.

if i am to cancel a subscription and they subscribed on May 29... if i cancel the subscription and remove the link on June 29...

it is not a QBC act because i gave them what they paid for.

and i haven't heard of a rule that when people subscribe for a link ... its a permanent subscription ...

either party can choose...

smub, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  10. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    try re-reading what was posted, because it's obviously not sinking in. (re re-read if necessary)

also
    How did you think that makes someone feel when they are told one thing and then see 13 up there the next.

You obviously don't understand what a QBC is, and probably the vast majority don't either.

QBC are money related and motivated actions, such as but not limiting it to;
    registering dropped domain names
    canceling subscriptions pre-contract length to raise prices

And like Jude exclaimed earlier in a good blog read with regards to MODs:
    buying a MOD and offering scrolling text links on that very dropped domain, instead of adding content.

You see, a lot of people throw the term around and bark it at people, and yet, they don't even understand what it is.

It's too funny, and the hypocrisy in it all is quite overwhelming, but you nor would most realize that, because you don't even understand what it is.

13x15 = 195
    5x40 = 200

I guess if you only wanted 7 links you would have reduced it to 28/mo
    The motive IS clear. Sad that you use your peers as the victims.

an0n, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  11. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    u can say 40 x 5 = $200 and 13 x 15 = $195

and if u think that i would do all this for just $5

than you have to be out of ur mind...

i asked them for an advice ... and it was for a 10 people discussion because i dont care what the whole world thinks..

i only cared about those 10 people... <<

if i wanted to ask the question in public i wud've done so but knowing that it won't effect my decision i only pm'ed those 10 ppl...

as the site's owner ... i m to choose for wat is better for my site. Right ??

if i think that i shud sell only 5 links at 40$ than its upto me ...

i agree with syted that i was wrong because at the time the site was completely different.

i should've gave him the notice, but he never contacted me about it ...

but i was WRONG ... and i admit it....

but for this right here i am not ...

because its a 2 way contract ... and either party decide...

subscriptions aren't permanent and either side can choose to cancel when they like.

smub, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  12. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree, there is nothing wrong with either side cancelling a subscription at any time unless there was some sort of agreement.

I encourage folks to pay for longer terms in advance and offer generous discounts in hopes that they will, that way I am not looking for new advertisers on a constant basis. If the buyer decides to go month-to-month then that is the risk they run.

jg123, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  13. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Simply registering dropped domains are not QBC!

First of all let me clear you what is meant by a real QBC!

If a person registers a dropped domain ,installs a directory on it and then if he does not spend anything to develop the directory then he might be called an QBC!
    All the persons registering dropped domains are not QBC!

Freewebspace, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  14. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned in previous threads, buying a dropped domain is not wrong unless you are using the previous page rank to trick folks into thinking you have an established site. Lets face it, if you buy the dropped domain www.BrazilFest2003.com and turn it into a web directory you are not buying the domain name because you like it for you new long-term directory project.

An example is this guy on SP 'leet', he is buying dropped domains, putting up a free script, free template then announcing here and selling them a couple of weeks later as established directories with page rank, even bragging about the DP people that bought featured and site-wides.

jg123, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    You need to understand one thing: this forum and the directory business is full of people who have no creativity. Their who life evolves around watching others to get ideas for what they themselves can financially benefit from. I can register a dropped domain if I feel like it and do whatever I want with it. Whether it benefits the submitter with the search engines is up to them to decide. The only reason most people here submit to and create directories is search engine manipulation. So if you have that sort of tunnel vision and all of your posts and opinions are based around that, then you can NOT expect those people to have any sort of understanding beyond that.

And there are many guilty people here, so pointing fingers and saying "I am less of a manipulator or spammer than this or that person" is simply rediculous. But there are ethics and agreements in business which should always be honored. If you submit to a directory because it is a PR6 and then the domain name gets banned for whatever reason, then YOU are the idiot, because you have put all of your eggs into the wrong basket to begin with.

Like I have said before: this forum has completely gone downhill.

16. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    indeed

i like the support here and thanks to people who agree with me that this is not a QBC act.

QBCs are those who just go after money and many have seen that i dont just go after money. I promote idk.in as well. May witnesses are here that how many sites i have a featured in.

aviva, sevenseek, wow, skaffe and tons of other quality sites..

if cancelling a subscription which is my right is a QBC act than i dont know what is not QBC

smub, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  17. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    There is only one thing left to say:

"I'm sorry, Please forgive me. I was wrong."

In order to gain your respect from all people affected I will provide free links for the rest of the year.

I watched an interview a few years ago about a guy that has/had grocery store(not sure), but he was famous for this line:

"The customer is always RIGHT."

Think about it for a moment and you'll know why that is!!

So that's my opinion, I hope you take it in a positive way.

mywebsearches, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  18. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol ... you are funny ..

you want me to apologize because i did what i have a right to do so ...

yes customer is always right if you make a mistake. if every business start doing that and offer customer free stuff for saying something u can do because u have a right to do so ... they will go broke....

smub, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    The Fortune 500 company I used to work for had 5 core values:

1) Do the right thing.
    2) Do what is best for your company.
    3) Focus long term
    4) Be the best.
    5) Never be satisfied.

I have highlighted number 3 because it is the opposite of what QBC stands for.
    People here are short sighted and so are you. You want the money NOW.

When the directory business goes down, you are most likely going to do as well.

20. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I assume that both the buyer and seller has the right to cancel the subscription at any time

Suppose if a PR of a directory goes down from 5 to 3 then Will you pay $15 monthly for a site wide link on it and vice versa

So I presume that every buyer and seller has the right to cancel the subscription if there is no formal agreement between them!

Some of them who are talking about QBC do not know what is meant by real QBC!

Freewebspace, Jun 20, 2007 IP
    vegabond likes this.