1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help needed regarding indexed pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fancymouj, Mar 27, 2011.

Hello friends,

I need a help regarding index pages on google search engine.

As i started my blog few months ago and indexed 2000+ pages on google but unfortunately i got warning from google to remove few article from my blog so i want to know how could i remove those indexed articles from google ?

thanks!

fancymouj, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  2. iamolm

iamolm Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your website url in "Who Is" websites such as www.websiteoutlook.com this kind of web information sites. These backlinks quickly crawl your website on Search Engine. Otherwise you can submit your website on Social Bookmarking sites. Social Bookmarking is the best way to gather some quality backlinks and index your pages too.

Cheers,
    :cool:

iamolm, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  3. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Out of curiosity why does Google want you to delete them? I have never heard of that.

In terms of deleting those articles from the index all you have to do is put the following code in the <head> section of the articles that you do not want shown on Google:

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, FOLLOW">

As soon as Google crawls your website again and views this tag in your header they will remove that article from their index.

tjsocr22, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  4. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    The SE is asking you to remove articles from your blog not from their index . They will do the rest . Are you running an autoblog or something ?

techlunatic, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  5. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    why did they ask you to remove it?How is that possible??? I suggest you remove the articles from blog post and if SE don't those post anymore they will remove it from index.

Excel 8, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  6. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it is your blog then I dont understand what is the problem in removing those article ..

nirajkum, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  7. johnmat

johnmat Member

Best Answers:
    With a proper 404 redirect, SE will automatically de-index those pages in next crawl, moreover you may directly put those links in your robots.txt which will stop the crawlers indexing and update the same in webmaster tools.

johnmat, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  8. mack ston

mack ston Peon

Best Answers:
    The first thing you need to know is, when you are searching something on Google, you are searching the Google database and not the actual web. The Google Spiders and Crawlers are the programs that crawl the web and go on indexing (putting them on Google Server/Database) the web pages that they find. So, unless and until your page is indexed on Google, don’t expect it to appear in the Google Search on any of its SERP page. If you have created a new website or a blog, you either need to submit your website to Google or you have to wait for Google Spiders or Googlebots come to your website by themselves and index your page, though it can take any amount of time. Once the pages are indexed, now they are on Google Server, and now the real game begins! This is because, though Google has indexed your pages, that does not mean that you would be in top search entries for your specified keywords. It is true that if your keywords are so unique that there are very few or no entries for that on the web, then definitely you could be on the top of SERP for that keyword. But believe me, if your keywords are so competitive, then it is going to be a tough and lengthy task to pop up on the very first SERP results!

mack ston, Mar 27, 2011 IP