1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help needed - Magento 404 error on checkout

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by astrosurge, Dec 27, 2010.

hi,
    i was working for a client’s site and this is my first time working on a magento project. my date line is 2 more days, and i have complete populating sales item, plugin config and getting my webhost to install SSL. all is working but until just now when i try to do a ‘mock’ order and checkout, the page give me a 404 page not found error.

for your info the checkout link that generate that error is https://www.mysite.com/checkout/onepage/.

i checked my System > Config > Web, my secure & unsecure url is https://wwww.mysite.com/ and my Use Web Server Rewrites is set to YES. the rest of the settings remained untouched. Also i have deleted the caches in var/cache but still the checkout is unfruitful. I also checked that my .htaccess is intact too.

Any advice on this will be very much appreciated as i am 2 days shy from launching it.
    thanks.

astrosurge, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What template? I can fix that but may have to crawl in there to do so. It could be a few things.

Have you checked var/reports or your error log in cpanel?

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  3. astrosurge

astrosurge Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi, so far no var/reports generated. the 404 is just a dedicated error page. i suspect it was my webhosting company misconfigured the SSL, or perhaps something i am not aware of in the Config > Web section. any advice welcome.

astrosurge, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, given how quirky magento can be I may need to take a look. I would try shutting off ssl in the admin panel and clearing all the caches and see if that fixes it so you can narrow it down a bit.

I have typically only seen that on SSL quandaries or js conflicts from time to time. Typically, if the latter is the issue it wont render the page correctly though. I suspect that is not your problem in this case.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  5. Seeker2011

Seeker2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it that it is also best to install a CLEAN and tested version and then not mess with it too much.

the problem is probably something very small that was neglected.

should be easy to fix.

Seeker2011, Jan 7, 2011 IP