1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help needed in adding Yahoo and MSN results

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by duncan pollock, Apr 19, 2005.

Tracking for these two other engines is an impressive addition, but I need some help to put it into effect. Let me explain my uncertainty, as follows.
    1. I've copied and pasted the script to my hard drive and saved it as TrackingCode.html, but this needs, I think, to be changed to TrackingCode.php. Yes?
    2. This done, I should then upload it to my quote web server unquote. Yes again?
    3. How exactly, though, do I do this?
    4. I didn't, at least as far as I can recall, do anything of this sort when I first joined DigitalPoint, did I? I merely applied to become a member -- and I think it was per a form I filled in so that everything then happened.
    5. I do have CuteFTP, which I use all the time to upload new/revised webpages, but I'm not sure that this will enable me to reach the quote web server unquote.
    6. I do have a Host address, which is ftp.duncanpollock.com (and has a User name and Password associated with it), but I'm not sure this is the same/right thing. Against this, I have my domain registered with a web host (whose home page is at http://www.rolandit.com/), and Bell Canada (Sympatico) (http://sympatico.my.msn.com ) is my ISP.
    7. But which one of all these should I contact -- and perhaps how?
    8. Once it's all done, however, I can then fill in the URL To Advance Usage Script box on my Account page. Yes yet once more?

Sorry if I'm appearing dumb -- but I've little hesitation in saying I am just that when it comes to this ultra-sophisticated stuff!

Duncan :)

PS. Ignore my iciniagara site, by the way. I'm only concerned with checking keywords and back links for the duncanpollock.com one.

duncan pollock, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It should be a .php file... also, your web server will of course need to support PHP in order for it to work.

digitalpoint, Apr 19, 2005 IP