1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Needed - CJ Program

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by forgetmenot, Feb 17, 2006.

I just got my CJ.com accounts about 2 months back so obviously I am new to this. Just trying it while doing other things. Anyway, most advertisers are not available to me since I am from Asia.

Anyway the current program that I promote is UseNeXT US. After about a week here is what I get:
    SALES LEADS CLICKS IMPS CTR
    0 0 250 10,059 0.025 ( LinkID-1 )
    0 0 56 9,981 0.006 ( LinkID-2 )

I have 2 text links near the end of the site-wide footer. And I think the CTR is good. I have 2.5% for LinkID-1, and 0.6% for LinkID-2. Both Link Units are actually in the same footer that get loaded with every page. Although from the stat above, there are fewer for impression LinkID-2 than LinkID-1, the reduction probably due to page that was not able to lot of completion. The combined CTR for the 2 CJ.com ads, is about 1.5 per 1000 visits.

My question:
    1. Is it normal to to have 0 leads after 1 week?
    - I consider my traffic quite targetted. I get about 4% AdSense click before adding the Cj.com text link. Now it drop slightly to about 3% (about 340 clicks during the same period above from 10000 page views.

- Also, 80% of traffic are from US.

2. Is it alright for me to use alternative text for my text link?
    - I think the current text link supply by UseNeXT US is too long. And I am hoping to replace it with text I create instead. Like just "Download 3GB of Games".

Thanks!

forgetmenot, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Im also non-us CJ user.

In beginning is hard to find the best advertise for your site - keep trying.

regarding UseNeXT, why do you think that it is the best for you? It has a status of "New". There is a lot of advertisers that do not care that you are from Asia and has a EPC of $70.00 - why are you trying a "New" one?

Do not use alternative text for text links - why do you think that you know which is better? Normally they try a lot of text and select the text link that sell better before put it there - do not change 1 letter of the text link - also you would be violating TOS and after 1 year they could get back all commission back if they discover that you did it.

Micromag, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  3. forgetmenot

forgetmenot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thnaks for the advice. Any product that you can recommend?

forgetmenot, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  4. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is not a best one for all. You need to find the better for your site, the better for your profile:

There are 3 main points:

1 - A product that is related to your site - So a visitor that is there in your site and is interested in your site will be interested too in click and buy the product.

2 - A advertiser that has a high EPC - Do not be the first to test the advertiser, get one that has a good EPC: $60, $80, $100, $200, get one that already has a history of good results - use this same rule when selecting the text links inside the advertiser - get the best EPC ones.

3 - get a advertiser/product that you like - work with what you like, work with what your trust - what you know very deep. This is very good to develop strategy.

and remember that is a long path to find the correct advertiser. Money is not easy. But you need to try one by one until find one that work for your site.

Micromag, Feb 17, 2006 IP