1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP! my small construction website is indexed but cannot be found in search

Discussion in 'SEO' started by jasonk1234, May 27, 2016.

This site gets a few local visits a day which gives me construction work for my small business.
    changed host from ipage to hostgator. Changed wp theme. used demo content but quickly changed all demo pages to new site pages and new urls.

Everything was fine and I saw new pages listed when I searched specifics.
    webmaster tools shows 11 of my new pages indexed so far plus others I have submitted via sitemap.
    Today I do a search for mu biz. I was all over the front page as this is very specific to my site and business. but today i am not listed. I go through 20 pages and nothing.
    I do a site:my biz search and it shows indexed pages (after 20 pages I have deleted or changed url which I imagine will disappear soon).
    If I go to an indexed page that I recently made and plan to keep. and do a "specific sentence search" nothing is found in search results.

I am worried I have done something wrong when I rebuilt my site. Or I am being punished for something?
    I have made sure I have not blocked search engines and googlebot has no problem finding my page.
    Why is a specific sentence search with "" not found?
    Please help

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    jasonk1234, May 27, 2016 IP
  2. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're definitely on the first page for "texture king calgary". Please do check again!

Pillai.G, May 27, 2016 IP
  3. Samim Noorzai TGC

Samim Noorzai TGC Member

Best Answers:
    Your website may be penalized by Google. Where did you got your recent backlinks? I would certainly track spammy links to the website and disavowed them.

Samim Noorzai TGC, May 27, 2016 IP
  4. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes that is weird. I check today and my homepage is on first page. I guess I freaked out over not too much. maybe its cause all my other pages have php.index now. changed permalinks and did not do any redirects from my old urls.

Thank you for checking it out. Now I just wait for the rest of my pages to rank again.

I dont worry about back links anymore. I think that is better left to natural linking from relevant interest

jasonk1234, May 28, 2016 IP