1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help My blog looks broken in IE but looks fine in Firefox

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by buckknife1, Jun 7, 2010.

Hi, my blog www.careforchihuahuas.com looks terrible in IE but looks perfectly fine in Firefox. I have no idea how to fix this. Can anyone help?

buckknife1, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  2. SuburbanDollar

SuburbanDollar Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try running your code through the W3C validator tool, right now it looks like it has quite a few errors . Right now it can't detect your doctype, it looks like there is some code added above the DOCTYPE declaration, it should be moved down into the HEAD section of your HTML. Check out your results from the validator here: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

SuburbanDollar, Jun 9, 2010 IP
    buckknife1 likes this.
  3. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the previous answer, to achieve your website displaying properly in all browser platforms, we should check it with w3c Validator. Here is a video guide on how to fix w3c error in your wordpress.

KimiGermany, Jun 9, 2010 IP
    buckknife1 likes this.
  4. createdevelop

createdevelop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Without going into it line by line, the template you are using includes css that Explorer does not support.

You should try using one of the templates available at wordpress.org and changing that to suit your needs.

createdevelop, Jun 9, 2010 IP
    buckknife1 likes this.
  5. buckknife1

buckknife1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the input. I was able to find the problem. It was in the css. :)

buckknife1, Jun 22, 2010 IP