1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[help ] meta keyword and description confusing me

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by wanna_earn, Oct 25, 2011.

i have read many books and tutorials and web pages but all failed to solve my this Q

Q : if i will use all in one seo pack / seo ultimate WP plugin . Will these plugins create auto meta title , meta keyword and meta description for me my targeted keyword in every post OR i need to create meta keyword , description and meta title for every post manually ?

my MAIN Big Q : For Example :my main keyword : Best football matches
    home keyword :best football matches
    article 1 :best football matches in England (keyword in title and in article body :all in one seo /seo ultimate /seo presser /click bump / Thesis Theme <<<all these factors will auto add META description and keyword and title in that article or not ?or i need to manually add ?

for manually : in meta title : best football matches , just one phrase is ok ?
    in meta description : best football matches in England <<(heading of article ) is ok ?
    in meta keyword : best football matches same as main keyword is ok ?

NOW MY Q :if i have 10 articles with same keyword : can i add same rules for all articles /posts ?
    like as above meta title: main keyword : (enough or need more ?)
    meta description : article/post heading (enough ?or need more )
    meta keyword :main keyword (enough or need more ) ?
    and now MY CONFUSING Q : the meta description and article/post description must match to each other ?
    for example my article 1st phrase is :best foot ball matches in england
    but i add manually meta description : how to watch best football matches in England live
    BOTH article and meta description not same does it matter ?
    and what will show in google SERP after title ? article words OR meta description words ?

wanna_earn, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  2. qclinks

qclinks Peon

Best Answers:
    The short answer is that the Meta Description tag should be written in a way that will attract the Human users. This will show in the search engine results and must inform the users in one or 2 sentences that your site is worthy of visit. Do not just stuff keywords in it. As for meta keywords tag, it is pretty useless. SEs do not pay attention to them as they are overused and spammed anyways.

qclinks, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  3. wanna_earn

wanna_earn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the meta description and article body text description can be different ?or must be same ?
    when he search a keyword in google ,google shows its url title and description
    description which show by google is meta description or article description ????

wanna_earn, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  4. qclinks

qclinks Peon

Best Answers:
    The meta description should be related to the page's contents. Otherwise, the users will leave the page immediately when they see that the page is not what they are looking for.

In SE results, the Meta description is most commonly used by google.

qclinks, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  5. wanna_earn

wanna_earn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    means my content start from hi h r u ? wanna play football ? <<< football keyword

and meta description is do u like football ? <<<< google will show this instead of above ?

wanna_earn, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  6. qclinks

qclinks Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. In 95% cases.

qclinks, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  7. wanna_earn

wanna_earn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok thankx.....

wanna_earn, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  8. seo.raj

seo.raj Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, if you have all articles are related to same content then you can use same meta tile or description. Meta title or Meta description both are related to be your web site content.

seo.raj, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  9. beongo02

beongo02 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thought the keyword tag should be brief and not too long, it should also be describedcontains few keywords and towards the reader, how to engage the reader as possible

beongo02, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  10. andrewdavid

andrewdavid Peon

Best Answers:
    The main purpose of Meta tag is used to summarize information of a webpage for search engine crawler.
    You provide a description in the Meta Description tag, which contains theme about your webpage, search engines checks it if it relevant to the keyword then index and process your page. If your Meta description is well written you should be able to attract more traffic to your website.
    Second is Meta keywords tag is to include a list of keywords that you have in your content or relevant to page.

andrewdavid, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  11. silverspot

silverspot Peon

Best Answers:
    keywords is the key of meta like Nike is keyword and its means description like Best Nike T-shirt is most comfortable for body like this.

silverspot, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  12. over50life

over50life Peon

Best Answers:
    Key word is short form of description and description just convey message of website.

over50life, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  13. seoexpert28

seoexpert28 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The meta description should be related to the page's contents. Otherwise, the users will leave the page immediately when they see that the page is not what they are looking for.

seoexpert28, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  14. juanbuit

juanbuit Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody answered the original question, he is asking about using the All in One SEO plugin in wordpress.

When you use this plugin it will automatically populate your title (with the title of your post or page) and will create an automatic description from your content.

But it also gives you the option to determine it precisely with what you want to appear on it, which is better, because usually the description won't be that great looking as when you choose your own. With the plugin both meta tags will be filled.

juanbuit, Mar 18, 2012 IP