1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me to set a price

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GalaxyMagic, Jan 28, 2016.

Hi guys.
    Please help me with my question.
    I want to sell my dropshipping online shop (I am too busy now to support it). Now it is offline and I can`t make post in Buy/Sell section. So I want to ask you before making my project online again - can I sell my project more than for 1000$+ ?

Short description:
    a) cs-cart.com shopping cart script (~200$) with many paid addons
    b) good design (~1000$)
    c) ready dropshipping relations (deposit and sell)
    d) 2checkout.com billing history
    e) all goods are in database (photos, descriptions, videos)

Sometimes it was 700$+ sales per day from adwords company.
    Thanks for replies !

p.s. 2 moderator of this section: please send me to PM a reason if my post will not be approved. Thank you.

GalaxyMagic, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  2. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    If you really want a proper answer, you should seek assistance from a financial manager\consultant. Have in mind that every company has Goodwill (value perceived by general community which includes things such as patents, brand and other intellectual property). In that regard, it is hard to determine a price just by looking at your figures. Also, I am not sure if your "good design" is actually good. For example, in terms of SEO, it can be disastrous due to slow loading speed.

niksto82, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  3. GalaxyMagic

GalaxyMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for reply.
    niksto82: can you please suggest where I can find proper financial manager\consultant help ?
    In a few word - domain of my online store was on ~5th place on all Google countries for main keyword so I think my site is SEO friendly.

GalaxyMagic, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  4. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just calculate: your net earnings per month X 12 =

Zoti Media Group, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  5. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, if it was that easy, everybody would be a financial expert.

NetStar likes this.
  6. GalaxyMagic

GalaxyMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, will not take your time and will calculate minimum probably earnings x 12 and then make a bid. It is hard to calculate earnings when domain name is not in google listing now.

7. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    This is a bad approach. When determining value of an enterprise, you shouldn't base it solely on your current earnings. In fact, you should base it on your predicted future earnings, potential for growth, macroeconomic factors, inflation and such. However, no matter how many estimations you perform, it all comes to negotiation and price which other person is willing to give you. For example, there is a reason why Google over payed Yahoo! If they valued company dollar by dollar, Yahoo! would never have sold it to them.

8. GalaxyMagic

GalaxyMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay niksto82 - can you help me to determining value of my project ? If yes - please contact me PM. Thanks.

9. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try a site called Flippa! They will gather all the data and let people bid on it it! My guess by what you said is you can hit 10 grand or more!

EPol83, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You most likely didn't see a 700 return on your investment if you are considering selling your site for $1k. A failing business is generally only worth a fraction of what the owner wishes it was. A virtual store front is even less... Especially if it's not making money and the owner is bored with it or doesn't have the time to invest. I mean..... as a buyer I see your web site as a waste. The original owner who had "the vision" doesn't even want to make the time to make it succeed. I think you won't get close to $1k for your store without giving someone a false impression. I bet a couple hundred is all you will get if you happen to find a newbie buyer with a little ambition.

NetStar, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need a financial manager or consultant for this. You just said you have a little investment in the site and you aren't making enough money to put your time in to it. You already know you aren't sitting on the golden ticket. You are simply trying to recoup some losses and move on. And there's nothing wrong with that. But if you aren't generating money or offering anything of unique opportunity than your drop/sell business is not worth more than the $29-$150 script that does the same thing. In fact, it's worse because the buyer is purchasing someone's failed effort.

NetStar, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  12. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are some website appraisal sites to evaluate your website. You can go with Flippa and opt their pro services.

iwebsocial, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  13. SEOMudassar

SEOMudassar Banned

Best Answers:
    There are some website appraisal sites to evaluate your website. You can go with Flippa and opt their pro services.

SEOMudassar, Feb 5, 2016 IP
  14. vashikaranguruji

vashikaranguruji Member

Best Answers:
    Try a site known as Flippa

vashikaranguruji, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  15. Christiano Ferraro

Christiano Ferraro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Without going through your financial, here are three ways you can demonstrate your site has value for the purpose of sale:

1) PageRank - This takes time to develop and is especially difficult to go from 0 to 1. Generally a PageRank of 3 or higher starts to get attentino. Combined with an appropriate URL that is either easy or niche specific can contribute to perceived value. This leads to a better sale price.

2) Organic traffic value - If your site generates x amount of visitors per day, then that has value. The more you know about the traffic, the more valuable that traffic becomes as you can better target offers.

3) Business system value - If you have a proven system based on data where you spend "x" dollars resulting in "y" conversion and yielding "z" revenue then you have demonstrated value. Properly pitched, this can also help to yield a sale.

The most important thing to remember. Value and justifying a fair sale price has nothing to do with you including what you invest. It has everything to do with what it delivers for the person buying it. This perspective has served me in assessing business decisions I needed to make.

Hope this helps :)

Christiano

[​IMG]
    Christiano Ferraro
    Managing Member
    Web:http://christianoferraro.com
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Christiano Ferraro, Feb 23, 2016 IP