1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me spot the things I do wrong

Discussion in 'SEO' started by PunctRo, Jul 20, 2014.

Hello,

I own an 2 player games flash games site (http://www.2playersonlinegames.com/) since approximately 3 years ago. It grew naturally for a while and after about an year it got on first page bringing some nice traffic and income.

After a few months it got hit by Google's updates and went from the 1st page to the 10th or worst. Since then it seems that every major Google algo changes bring the site even worse down.

For about a year now I was trying to bring it back to life with no success. I checked the backlinks and removed some I thought were bad, I optimized the content, code and website speed.
    The speed is not yet great but for a hostgator shared website is ok (I am taking into consideration moving the site to another host).

Please have a look and maybe you spot something I miss. Whys does this site rank so poorly? Is there any hope left for it ? :)

Thank you !

PunctRo, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  2. PunctRo

PunctRo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am sad to see there are no replies to my post. There's got to be something wrong about my seo optimisation for this site and I would like your trained eyes to help me spot those issues.
    Thank you !

PunctRo, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  3. Ana-NETCreator

Ana-NETCreator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check your PM (private message).

Ana-NETCreator, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  4. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Flash game sites are notoriously difficult to optimize. For years, these sites relied heavily on a network of similar arcades exchanging links and when Google began targeting this sort of thing, many ended up being penalized or falling in rank.

Another problem is that optimization is extremely difficult for flash arcades. Most game scripts use automated applications to add games, but none of these games are optimized for search engines and many have repetitive content that Google frowns on. To fix this, you must manually edit the title, description and keywords for each game and on a site with a lot of games, this can get quite frustrating and time consuming.

My suggestion to you would be to get rid of the arcade all together and start a blog; they're so much more easy to optimize! But if you're dead set on keeping and fixing this arcade site, you'll want to go into every game you have and optimize each one for high search engine visibility. As an ex-flash game site owner, I can tell you it is an insurmountable task, but if you stick it out and get it done, you'll reep the rewards for sure. Good luck!

Jameyson MacDonald, Jul 26, 2014 IP