1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me promote my forum

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by uttoransen, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Tiggi

Tiggi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, uttoransen,

I've been in your shoes once or twice and I know, unfortunately, what you have in mind. Ok, I'll use Rajat's post to add some tips:

+ you can ask some of your friends or any people interested in your forum's main topic to share opinions, thoughts, etc.

Oh, yes. I know in the beginning it will be a hard task to get a link from those high PR sites so try to aim at those which possibly would link back to you. And don't forget to be very active in your link campaigns, they come of great help.

If you can afford it (it is not so expensive really), do it. When choosing your paid poster, make sure you have a sample of their work, so that their quality would suit you.

Well, that's all from me now. I've taken a glimpse at your site and forum - good job and I am sure you'll make it.

Have the best of your day,

Tiggi

Tiggi, Apr 27, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  2. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i don't really want to do any expense as of now, my money is going in another project so i can't aford any more expenses.
    am trying to install a few mods, perhaps that's going to help me, though my main aim for a few months will be to promote my forum for free, i will take a few of your ideas, actually i have started working on a few ideas already!
    cheers:D

uttoransen, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  3. awiekupo

awiekupo Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck with your forum. Just a simple advice if you are using phpbb as your forum platform. You can actually activate an option for you to verify each new registration. This mean you will receive notification each time a new member try to sign up with your forum. If the information is not valid or bit awkward then it most probably a bot. This way you can have more power and ensure that all your forum members is a genuine people with real interest in your forum.

Just my 5 cent worth of opinion. Hope it help.

Cheers,
    Sha

awiekupo, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  4. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn’t recommend manual activation of accounts unless you can afford to have a moderator online 24x7. People register because they have a question or some thing else they want share with others, if they have to wait for hours for their accounts to get activated; chances are they will loose interest.

yogesh sarkar, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  5. uttoransen

Best Answers:
    i had enebled that, and then i did not got any emails, i don't know what went wrong!:rolleyes:

uttoransen, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  6. Dakuipje

Dakuipje Peon

Best Answers:
    Set-up email verification then the bots wont be able to sign up and post

Dakuipje, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  7. uttoransen

Best Answers:
    i have tried up, but then it dose not stop the bots, these days bots have become smarter!
    most people use vbulitten, mybb and smf etc, phpbb is a though to maintain forum, i guess:rolleyes:

uttoransen, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  8. Dakuipje

Dakuipje Peon

Best Answers:
    Ow well I use vBulletin and still get a few spammers now and then.

Dakuipje, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  9. DidierE

DidierE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are a few good forum posting services i can recommend:

The Forum Fairy and Forumshock

Don't bother hiring forum posters here on DP because most of them are just webmasters who wanna make a quick buck (so the content they post is very poor)

Just my 2c ;)

DidierE, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  10. Kapitalist

Kapitalist Peon

Best Answers:
    There is litle focus on your forum. It doesn't seem to have a common theme. You have too many admin forums. Nobody really cares about these. Delete all, leaving the feedback and suggestions one. Push it to the bottom of the page.

Also, give the forum a different theme.

Kapitalist, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  11. cdotech

cdotech Banned

Best Answers:
    Send an "admin" email to all ur current members. Newsletter of sort. Tell them of the new things you've implemented. Like if you have a contest already.. or ur recent plans.. things like that. I'm sure it'll spark their interest ..

cdotech, Apr 29, 2007 IP