1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me figure out what forum soft to use

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by BenOwns, Jul 30, 2014.

Hello everyone!

Well,
    I need a little help here.

I have been a vbulletin customer for years i am on 4.2.2 ( not getting 5 boo )
    I always need things such as shops, point systems etc so i may give my users an great experience. but every mod seems to be pay for only.
    I have used phpbbv2 and the v3 but the v3 seems a little backwards to me and not as active as it used to be.

Can you help me decide which forum software to move to?
    I am looking to enhance my users experience. I want shops and mods, point systems etc without having to pay people like DBTech $1000000XXXXX for them.

Any ideas? I see Xenforo but never used it before.

BenOwns, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have a bunch of xenforo gigs running for clients currently. That stuff kicks some serious ass!

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  3. bmc2009

bmc2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're currently a vBulletin customer using 4.x, they offer many free modifications for download at vBulletin.org (their official site) that offer point systems for your users. They have the most expansive modifications out of any forum software in my opinion, much moreso than Xenforo, because they've been around longer.

bmc2009, Aug 15, 2014 IP