1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me decide

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by caroline, Jul 17, 2007.

It's the time of the year in my country when you decide what University you want to attend. The system is very different from the one in the US or other countries, but in order to convey my problem in a way most of you can understand, let's say I have been accepted into two Universities and I must choose one of them.

The first one is the one all the "good students" go to, it's famous in my country and internationally, and the major is "Electrical and Computer Engineering".

The second one is less famous but more organized [fact, not opinion], major is "Computer Science and Telecommunications" and studying lasts 4 years as opposed to 5 in the previous one.

Let's say I've been burned in the past for doing what all the "good students" do and that I am not sure I am interested in Electrical Engineering at all. On the other hand, everyone holds the first UC in high esteem, whereas I've heard varying opinions about the second one. You also become an engineer in the first UC, which opens some new possibilities and earns you some more rights in the workplace.

What I am interested in the most is Computer Science and right now I am interested in pursuing a career in Computer Games or Digital Art.

Which UC do you think I should choose?

caroline, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  2. Avery001

Avery001 Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say the second one,as they provide a closer major to your interest.

Avery001, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  3. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Neither, do an online one. :D:D:D:D

EGS, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  4. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a pretty complex question. Usually I say go with your heart but when it comes to a university degree I say "suck it up and drive on". First off, are you planning on staying in your home country? If so, what degree would do better for you? Are you planning to move to another country? If so, same question, what degree would be better?

Second, do you think you could do well either way? Would you be able to complete either degree with good marks? If so, I would go for the one that leaves the most open doors in the future. Most people go to university for their future not because they love it while they are doing it. It is hard work that you do to get you to a goal.

What is your goal? Figure that out and the choice may become more clear.

WebdevHowto, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  5. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    I will go for the first one.

More famous school will be better for your future in the society eg good salary

leede, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  6. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go for 2nd one as u r interested in IT feild.

getjimmy, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  7. johnlloyd-seo

johnlloyd-seo Banned

Best Answers:
    go for the second option, your interested in computer science, you can show it up your greatness whatever university you will attend to.

johnlloyd-seo, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Where is the best for you

w3bmaster, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  9. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you're a webmaster, take computer science/engg - you'll clear the exams with good marks without having to study too much :D:D

anions, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  10. ambsmart

ambsmart Guest

Best Answers:
    The second one. Err.. Why don't you just make a poll?:)

ambsmart, Jul 17, 2007 IP