1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me come up with a killer cool domain name!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Mkcoy, Apr 1, 2015.

Hello all domainers! We all know of panabee.com and sites like panabee.com such as namestation.com, nameboy.com, bustaname.com etc etc where you put in a couple keywords and it gives you a list of possible domain names.

But none of these are doing it for me.

Basically, I want to start an ecommerce site that sells drones and drone kits and other rc uav's etc.

Sadly all the best names are already taken.

I was thinking along the lines of dronekings.com, dronemasters.com dronestars.com (all taken).

Basically, help me come up with a cool domain name idea and if and when I register it and start a site on it I will give your site a mention upon it. Sponsored by or in collaboration with or something.

The terms.
    Domain name must be a .com
    Domain name must be catchy, easy to remember and brandable.

Give me some of your coolest ideas! :)

Mkcoy, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Everything I have tried is taken.

Either put aside a generous budget and start looking in domain auctions, or look into other TLD's. I think moving towards the future the importance of a .com is going to be downplayed.

on another note:
    [​IMG]

matt_62, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I hear you about domain extensions! Its funny really, a domain TLD is just an extension so that computers know what it is. Much in the same way as documents end in .php or .doc, .pdf etc.

But descriptive TLD's are much better in many ways its just that it takes a little while for people to get used to them. I'm surprised its taken ICANN this long to even get this far with the new TLD's we have now. Mind you it started with .com, then we had .co.uk, .net, .org and then the .edus etc always have. But there are now TLD's for virtually any word that you can think of.

Some are just absolutely ridiculous. .wang .wtf wtf! lol But some of them are perfect for certain niches. Example; .property for a real estate biz. Or .pub for your local and of course .pizza for after the pub. Mind you, you might need a .cab for the way home and don't drink too much or you could end up in .moscow .lol

The thing is that's what's not doing it for them. Too many too soon they are too "gimmicky"? And that is why some people still like to go with a .com because it has more authority and to be fair, I have found this as I have found .com's easier to rank than .clubs but Google still likes em all the same. But they definitely are the norm now and here to stay. Fun interesting and worth a poke.

I found a good one, not what i want but not taken and descriptive too. Droneflyers.club

Cheers!

Mkcoy, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  4. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but .club for an e-commerce website is a mistake in my opinion

commercial businesses are supposed to be on .com and that is where they are expected

you might want to spend money on advertising at some point and a good chunk of your traffic will go to the .com website, you want to be in the other position where you own the .com and you get valuable free type-in traffic, no one mistakenly enters any version but the .com

I don't see anything other than .com on android apps for example

sorry for being negative but it is better to consider these issues in the beginning

If you want to get in the business of rc nitro cars rather than drones let me know, I have a good generic domain for that niche

good luck with the business, hope it works out well for you

cerno, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi as said not what I wanted. I wont be using that domain for an ecommerce site, will do something else with that. :)

Will still be doing a .com ecommerce. Still looking for good name tho.

Cheers.

Mkcoy, Apr 1, 2015 IP