1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me appraise a PR 7 site?

Discussion in 'Sites' started by jim, May 17, 2005.

I own www.eslgo.com and I'm wondering how much it might be worth.

The only source of income is Adsense - about 250.00/month

Traffic is about 1,000 uniques a day, a very international audience of English learners.

The PR 7 is natural. I've been exchanging links occasionally and I bought a few paid directory listings but for the most part my content earned those links (there is some coop weight pointing at the site but that probably doesn't affect PR).

I'm in the middle of a logo/design change so you may notice some pages that don't quite match. The forum probably needs to be updated to - www.eslgo.com/forum.html - I may pay someone to convert it to phpbb or something to get coop or link vault weight which would probably be substantial.

So what do you think?

jim, May 17, 2005 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am definitely NOT an expert on appraising site value, but I would assume that rock bottom price would be no less than $3000 (year's worth of adsense revenue). But with the PR7 and tons of backlinks that you have, you could probably get quite a bit more.

dazzlindonna, May 17, 2005 IP
  3. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DD,

I would have to think more with 1k uniques a day...I would be thinking about double that...maybe $6000?

However, it is only worth what someone will pay for it :)

Brandon

AfterHim.com, May 17, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1k uniques a day = $6k? It doesn't seem that difficult to achieve to me. Or are you saying it's worth more because it is so feasible to increase the traffic and the site already has high PR?

nevetS, May 17, 2005 IP
  5. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $4000, sites are rarely worth as much to a buyer as they are to an owner ;)

If you are basing the traffic as a valuation that would already have been taken into consideration with 12months x adsense income of $3k.
    An extra $1k for the domain/content/PR.

Also buyers generally don't pay for potential, they may buy because of it rather than pay based on it.

sji2671, May 17, 2005 IP
  6. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would also say it is worth at least $4,000 at the very low end. As others have said, you may be able to fetch quite a bit more than that also, if you find the right buyer.

spdude, May 17, 2005 IP
  7. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Having never bought or sold a site, I feel exactly the opposite. I want to see the potential, get a good deal, then maximize the site.

Brandon

AfterHim.com, May 17, 2005 IP
  8. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would take 12-18 months net revenue (~$4000) plus the value of the traffice/PR (~$1000) plus the value of the domain property (~$500).

$5500 seems reasonable. Worst case: $3000.

Bottom line is cashflow. A buyer will want to see a solid income history AND an upward trend of traffic. If both are promising, you may even get a little more.

Good luck!

my3cents, May 17, 2005 IP
  9. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well thanks for the feedback everyone. It's nice to see estimates in the 3,000 - 6,000 range :) - I guess I need to get to work. I started this site maybe 3 years ago now :confused: with no business plan. I just wanted to make the best free resource for students.

Now I'm realizing I have to do Adsense channels and things to prove income and all that. I'm working on it!

jim, May 17, 2005 IP
  10. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you have a PR7, and 3000 USD a month adsense revenue, i for one, would sell it for 5000-6000 In Romania, where this is a very big sum.

In other countries, maybe double.

Cristian Mezei, May 18, 2005 IP
  11. DJRubio

DJRubio Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I must agree with you guys... a site worths what the buyer is willing to pay!

That kind of site, with natural positioning/PR/visitors, a base of income, good development potential... i could pay alot for that kind of site!

But the fact is that it has alot of work to do on it, especially the forum to be swith to BB or VB.

Let me know if you plan major updates.

DJRubio, May 18, 2005 IP
  12. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have two major updates in mind. One is underway, that's the switch to the new style.

The other is the message board. I like phpbb, and I have heard of webbbs being converted to phpbb. I might have to do vbulletin even though I'm not as familiar with it because a site worth thousands of dollars shouldn't look cheap :cool:

And I have to get the teacher's message board a bit more active.

jim, May 19, 2005 IP