1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Marketing a New Social Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Josh Carter, Jun 15, 2013.

Hi,

We are about to launch a new social entertainment site aimed at 13-25 year olds, users can browse profiles then chart one another depending on how interesting their profiles are.

We currently have a pre-launch hype page that is attracting around 1,000 unique visitors per week, I’m looking to grow this number before launch and gather as many pre-registrants as possible.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.heyfitty.com

Currently marketing budget is low – so any organic ideas welcome!

Just over 700 likes on facebook and a few followers on Twitter.

Look forward to your thoughts and ideas!

Thanks
    Josh

Josh Carter, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  2. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could try building a facebook app and mobile apps for your website and maybe even contact facebook for partnership. I don't see any other options to grow this website really big.

P.S. Design and website usability looks very good - very well developed product. Keep on working :)

dealeris, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  3. Josh Carter

Josh Carter Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Dealeris,

Thanks for your feedback and kind comment on the design. I agree, we need to be facebook and twitter integrated - this is what we plan to do once we fully launch.

I've heard about these marketers that can send 10k traffic to your site within days for a few dollars in the hope some sign up. Do you have experience with these kinds of techniques?

Josh Carter, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  4. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could do traffic exchanges and raise your traffic count for some time, but the quality of the website will suffer. For cheap and fast traffic try blackhatworld.com they have many ways to send traffic.

dealeris, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am only a couple of years out of your target audience, and I dont really see any information that makes me think, "lets bookmark this site".

Especially as you are aiming at kids that tend to have short attention spans, I actually think, that a slider with 4-5 short points per slide on what makes your site aweseome, will not only look good, but be a more effective way of conveying the strong selling points of your site. I also think that you could look into re-designing the page layout. Kinda looks like a 1990's centered html page

with your "notify" thing, what if, (and just hear me out) you code that so that after sending the email address, it prompts for an age group such as under 18, 18-20, 20-25, 25-30, over 30. This might help to tell if you are getting the right leads for what you are looking for and or, perhaps you might be able to tailor your email promotions to better suit the age group of the person? someone 25-30 might be more interested in how it can help them professionally (rather then for entertainment) whereas under 20's it would be 100% social.

How about this for a promotion idea. There are scripts where you have to tweet to download a file or something like that. What if, you had a system where you offered XXX bonus (like some currency thing) and offered them 1 currency per tweet / post to facebook page / other - or offered them access to the beta or something.... i know, not a perfect idea, but its 2am and im tired.

Goodluck.

matt_62, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  6. Matt J

Matt J Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Want to promote yourself or your business via twitter but need more followers

Well RepDynamo is the solution for you, we offer 3 very simple packages that you can tailor so that impressions are sent to your selected target group.

We are not like other companies and the followers you will gain will be actual people/customers and not robots.

Visit http://repdynamo.com/ today for a free 7 day trail, you will not be disappointed

Matt J

Matt J, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  7. Martin Coleman

Martin Coleman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think traffic exchange is a smart move for your site, this feature only gives about 10 sec to the viewers, since they were redirected to there, and social media site is not on of the sites that you get charmed of.. if you know what i mean.
    you need to "hunt" your audience in other ways, and since they're young it might be easier as matt_62 mentioned above.. kind of content locking to drag them in.

Martin Coleman, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  8. sumerax

sumerax Peon

Best Answers:
    When you launch your social network site you can ask some bloggers to write reviews of it, first impression, pros and cons. This way the bloggers convince their audience why they should view your site. Search for blogs with similar topics to your site.

sumerax, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  9. Stemar

Stemar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try many different techniques like social bookmarking, banner advertising/exchange, press releases, web 2 properties, forums, other social networks(people are getting bored) and etc. Try until you reach your desired audience.

Stemar, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think matt_62 has touched upon good points. Also, I am in the US, and although English isn't my first language, I've never heard anyone here say "cheeky kiss". I think it's a UK thing. If you really, truly want to engage people world-wide, you need to start thinking globally (especially when it comes to language expressions).

qwikad.com, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  11. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Creating a facebook fanpage will help you get more visitors to your site.

rashida, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  12. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup. I have seen the site myself as well. I will not mention the things that have been said. So..
    The layout is quite good. Its clean and pleasing to the eye. However for me, i feel that giving visitors a chance to preview the members layout section would be good as well. This would be able to set people's minds at ease, if they can see what they are signing up for.
    Along side that, a referral program would be good as well. If a member refers his friends, he can get some benefits. E.g. some members points. (points system matt_62 would have mentioned.) because if someone feels that your site gives value, this referral program gives them the extra incentive to invite their friends. Word of mouth is a powerful tool.
    Cheers

Howard Lim, Jun 20, 2013 IP