1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Help] Magento import: CSV provided by Wholesaler

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Kevin Doyle, Mar 13, 2013.

So I've read quite a bit about importing CSV files and have researched it, but can't seem to crack this.

Here's a sample of my CSV file (first few lines) hosted on Google Drive
    docs .google. com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq35k5miwfrzdEFOV0MweTdNUTFSMFhCYzB2RFgzanc&usp=sharing&pref=2

for some reason I continued to get an error message when posting this link so I had to separate it

It also comes with a picture folder which the csv references for each product.

so far I've tried uploading the entire zip file to Magneto, after it hit 100%, it didn't do anything.

Same happened when I tried uploading JUST the CSV file.

Thank you

EDIT: Am willing to pay to get this figured out

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Kevin Doyle, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  2. alok00

alok00 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have done this. Are you putting files of images in Magento Folder in ftp.

Is the CSV file mapped as per the magento Configuration.You can talk with me on Skype at alok_mahajan1. Not a difficult thing

alok00, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  3. sudheerenkon

sudheerenkon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, i have a magento developer and Internet marketing analyst.

I normally use magento product upload via CSV upload.

Please contact me on skype: sudheerpal

I can upload as many no. of products at a time.

sudheerenkon, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Takes a bit of tinkering but its actually quite simple. First you want this http://sourceforge.net/projects/magmi/ plus the image attribute plugin which is floating around there somewhere.

Basically you would set up a product on magento and export it from the admin panel so you have all the required CSV headers. Then you simply paste your rows and send it up the pipe. This assumes you have put the images where they go for import but its not too bad.

If you mess something up you can simply keep running it as well to fix things.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  5. shahbaz-shaikh

shahbaz-shaikh Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an simple thing we have uploaded over 5000 products on magento you can contact me on skype shahbaz.shaikh4 for help

shahbaz-shaikh, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  6. Maria_Kvasnytska

Maria_Kvasnytska Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    First of all, you have to know that using import method Magento admin offers, you have to stick to strict requirements Magento itself has has concerning rows listed in your file and information placed there. Here is the link where those fields are indicated - http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/3_-_store_setup_and_management/import_export/export_tool
    Moreover, pay attention to fields names. If they are not the same as database names, the system might not recognize them and as a result skip or give you an error. So, to have the idea of database names, you can export a couple of products first. Though, you should also know that it is only for fields names, as very often if you try to import previously exported file, it will not work.
    Also I see that in your file you have image names. They should be uploaded to /media folder at your FTP before import.
    Eventually, in case you still have no luck importing this file or do not want to spend time on file adjusting you can use alternative import tool. I recommend Store Manager for Magento tool - http://www.mag-manager.com/free-download (there is free 2-weeks text version and the application handles files of basically all formats). If you need the assistance, let me know or contact support team at the mentioned page.

Maria_Kvasnytska, Mar 15, 2013 IP