1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Internal server error on Godaddy

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by phpPig, Jan 15, 2009.

I have a site that is running oscommerce 2.2. I have it on a shared hosting plan with GoDaddy. 2 days ago I got an email from Godaddy telling me that they were changing me to another server. Whenever they performed this, my site has been displaying the 500 internal server error. I cannot figure out what is wrong because it worked before.

All other sites that I have hosted on this account are still working. (Different scripts though.) The site is www.speedshopparts.com. It has been down for over 36 hours and I am losing business.

Should I consider cutting my losses with GoDaddy and moving the site to a different webhost? Or do I need my security certificate rekeyed? I am not sure, this is a first for me.

Thanks for the help.

phpPig, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  2. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you contacted support? It may be a setting that they need to change on your account since they moved servers...

micksss, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  3. phpPig

phpPig Peon

Best Answers:
    I contacted support last night. Their site said it would be about 6 hours before I received a reply. I havent got a reply yet(they could be really busy or working on the issue now). I may call when I leave the office today to see what I can find out.

I have always had good dealings with GoDaddy and have used them for about 2 years. This is the first issue I have had. But, time down costs money as I have recently started to get a lot of organic traffic to the site. I will give it time though.

They have been my first choice for everything. Again, I am not sure if it may be the ssl certificate (even though it was purchased from them.)

Again, thanks.

phpPig, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  4. webhostingset

webhostingset Peon

Best Answers:
    Please try to change your file permission to 755 .

webhostingset, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  5. phpPig

phpPig Peon

Best Answers:
    I never paid much attention to the files on my server, but whenever they were moved somehow they lost the php.ini file. I will say this much about GoDaddy, their tech department wasn't much help. They couldn't figure out why it happened.

I logged in with my FTP yesterday and found the php.ini file was missing. I created the file and FTP'd it onto my server and the site worked. It was amazing.

Anyway, thanks.

phpPig, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  6. sajan1kota

sajan1kota Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have changed the permission still getting the same error.

sajan1kota, Feb 23, 2010 IP