1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[HELP] IE7 troubles

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by allthegoodnamesweretaken, Dec 28, 2008.

Alright so I'm having troubles with Internet Explorer 7 you'll be surprised to know. The problem? By CSS I've aligned some tables (<div>) to the left. However IE7 isn't liking this too much and is centering it.

The site is www.stra*ight*bopp*ers.com
    (Remove the *'s, reason being don't want to get the page indexed)

any help is greatly appreciated and may result in a cash reward :)
    Just view the source if you wanna look at the code of the page or the style sheet

2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    also ffx 3.x shows centered - the text
    "You'll need a Portfolio" is displayed centered in my ffx 3

hence you may have a general problem to solve first

in addition to above you also have a charset problem
    your charset definition missing on sample page and thusly some characters you use display as small blackbox ( diamond ) with ? in it

we�ll

make sure you use proper editor and same editor charset config as your page charset config and you define your charset in your HTML <head> properly

to make future more efficient
    if you wish to include a URL that is NOT automatically parsed as link, go in forum-post editor to "advanced" mode and DE-activate option:
    "Automatically parse links in text"

that allows you to post URLs wihtout having them turned into links ( it took me years to figure that out on my own !!! )

hans, Dec 28, 2008 IP
    SISMediaGroup likes this.
  3. LindseyInteractive

LindseyInteractive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As was said before if FF3 is showing it in centered mode as well, it appears that your css file is not correctly coded.

If this is not the case and your css is coded correctly and the tags are positioned correctly inside the html, then you need to look into probally using some "IF IE" hacks.

If you could paste your css here, so we can all take a look at it, that would really be useful, as we would be able to take a look at the code and see if the css if tagged and created correctly.

If not, then I would suggest opening up that html, and using your IF IE hacks to align and put is own custom css layout inside that html to help move your tables where they need to be.

LindseyInteractive, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  4. allthegoodnamesweretaken

allthegoodnamesweretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay well I guess you guys thought I meant about having the text centered? That's fine, I was talking about the boxes were being put in the middle of the page.

I had been trying for hours to fix it, I never post right away for help, but it turns out I was editing the wrong stylesheet and thus no changes were being made. I got to the correct one and I eventually had to add a few 'margin' tags and after a bit of mess I finally got there :)

thanks to everyone that responded though :)