1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! I need to CSS fix in IE

Discussion in 'CSS' started by buckmajor, Mar 22, 2009.

1. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey D

I tried the CSS and html code but for some reason it was still out of place. I tried looking at my own CSS and still couldn't figure it out.
    It was one of those weeks where I just want to throw the computer outside lol. I am sure its something to do with my CSS but unsure of what it is.

Link

buckmajor, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  2. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I just did some research on the browser stats and IE6 is 17.0% of users. So slowly it will decrease until obsolete like IE5.

So does that mean we won't have to worry about IE bug fixes and so on?

buckmajor, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Varies from site to site and audience to audience. Largest traffic site I host sees only 53% traffic from IE overall, but two thirds of that is still IE6.

Be careful of stats sites, the numbers can usually be skewed to say whatever agenda the person listing the numbers is trying to say - like the recent articles that proclaimed Firefox finally had more users in Europe than IE7

Which while true, sent the wrong message since Firefox did NOT see that much of a change in it's growth over that period - There were just less IE7 users because of the people moving to IE8! Look at the chart - down the bottom you can see that IE8 went up almost the same amount that IE7 went down. IE8 final comes out, the number of IE7 users takes a sharp dive - WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!? Look at the gradual growth of IE8 even when it was in beta vs the slow decline of 7, or the sharp dip in W10 09 that corresponds with a growth in not just FF, but also Opera! While FF certainly made a dent overall, the article title and the way people talk about it makes it sound like all the IE7 losses went to FF - that's called pushing an agenda by omission of fact, or as it's referred to in propaganda, card stacking.

Hmm, for some reason it brings this to mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq2aCuYSB_c

deathshadow, Apr 13, 2009 IP
  4. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    True!! Thanks for sharing that Deathshadow. I had a look at the youtube video and man I had no idea what propaganda was until now :D. I see now what you mean, it got me thinking about the video when they pointed out 'WHEN TRACKING DOWN PROPAGANDA, GET AS MANY POINTS OF VIEW AS YOU CAN'.

P.S that was my second Old youtube video I've seen now another one was a classical music.

CHEERS :)

buckmajor, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    But there were more people switching to alternative browsers rather than IE8. Total IE usage still declined while FF usage went up. IE, total users, has declined almost every month for 4 years while Firefox, and other browser usage, has increased almost every month.

drhowarddrfine, Apr 15, 2009 IP