1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! I don't want to get BANNED

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by ki3000, Apr 13, 2008.

Hi. Our new search has just recently launched. So first, we went to family and friends of course. We asked them to use it. While doing this, we mentioned that we get paid for each click (i.e. on google ads). So a few family members just went on their (from different areas - states), and started clicking like crazy. Now my adsense for the day shows, 101 page views, with 66 clicks = 65% click through. Very very bad. What do I do? Please help. I am I going to get banned? Thanks.

ki3000, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  2. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    ROFLMAO... I seriously don't know what to advise man :confused: OMFG this made me laugh! Explain to Google? Explain the clicking pattern some more...

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  3. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    DoH!

Well live and learn .... plead your case to Google, chances are you will last about a month before they ban you, Google isn't the god that they want you to believe - I was sick of their regulations and rules - I say screw them and stop conforming to their every request .... it's your website and you can do what ever the hell you want and you shouldn't be told to create a website based on their needs .... screw Google.

Do what I did try a Arbitrage campaign for a month and milk them for all they're worth - get paid and then get outta there.

thsadmin, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  4. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well take off adsense ands from the site and contact Google.

bluearrow, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  5. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:

I totally agree. I hate the way google controls webmasters. Somehow they have managed to make us believe that we need them so much so that we are willing to do whatever it takes to please them. But when it's infact the other way around (as far as need). Google makes most of it's money, i can't say the statistics, but most of their money comes from webmasters and other sites and not their search. But since I don't have any currently alternative at the time, i am going to stay until they ban. hopefully they don't but oh well.

ki3000, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  6. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup Google is the un-written law online and are trying to play the sherrif :

Don't sell links.
    Don't buy links.
    Don't trade traffic.
    Don't link to "Bad" neighbourhoods.
    Don't paid post or paid reviews.
    Don't swear.
    Don't show bikinis.
    Must be unique.
    Warn users that Google will track them with cookies - as a result of using their ad network.

YadaYadaYada .... Screw them and their games.

thsadmin, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  7. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, we do that. THEY provide the service, we over absorb it and make it necessary. It should be you hate the way the WEBMASTERS control Google. Google is classic and static, everyone loves their services. Their page is stiff smooth and accurate.

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Apr 14, 2008 IP
    lightless likes this.
  8. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I had high click rate on low traffic a few days and it was fine. I think if the pattern continues you will have a problem. The fact that it is spread over different computers and not from your PC makes it is a non issue. You will be fine. CTR varies greatly with low traffic volume. When your traffic increases the CTR will fall. No worries mate. Just follow the guidelines and do not click ads or ask friends to click ads.
    Cheers...

homebizseo, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  9. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't have mentioned anything about being paid for clicks to them, warn them all to stop immediately.

pipes, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  10. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know. But you know family members. They obviously see that I am not selling anything. So they had to know how i get paid.

ki3000, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  11. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all stay calm and act as though its regular...

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  12. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Report this case to Google immediately, and ask your friends/relatives to STOP doing that again.

poshswinger, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  13. Mrlockelocke

Mrlockelocke Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, just let google know

Mrlockelocke, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  14. jugroo

jugroo Banned

Best Answers:
    where is it mentioned

jugroo, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  15. sheilasultani

sheilasultani Peon

Best Answers:
    I say let google know, I had my site in some traffic exchanges before I knew better, so I sent a not to google, turned my adsense off for a while and everything was cool. They responded very positively. I think when you are upfront about it you are better off

sheilasultani, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  16. achusonline

achusonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    write to google and hope they dnt ban u whn u r on 99$, they do tht ..and runs away with ur money..and their practice of reducing site's pagerank just coz they do sponsored reviews is just blatant blackmailing...its time someone told google to ease off...but hell they r so big nw, one thing they shud rem is all that google is nw is coz of these webmasters recommending google over other platforms....it could work back too

achusonline, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  17. sydneyaus

sydneyaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was told that if you contact Google as soon as you find out about irregular clicks, that Google simply reverses those clicks. If Google finds those clicks without you telling them, then you're in trouble.

sydneyaus, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  18. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    this can happen again, close the site , buy a new domain and do not share it with them

newzone, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  19. goosebry

goosebry Peon

Best Answers:
    don't worry too much. its the long term patterns that google are looking for. tell them to stop, and instead email all their friends about the site. generate traffic through regular avenues. Google looks at the IP address of the clicks. It's more likely that they just won't count those clicks, they monitor this stuff pretty well.

goosebry, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  20. ki3000

ki3000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i did all of that, goosebry. i even took the ads off a number of times. didn't matter. GOT BANNED ANYWAYS! sucks!

ki3000, Apr 22, 2008 IP