1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! How to Report to Google Some websites are copying my content?

Discussion in 'Google' started by hashnet, Dec 14, 2015.

1. alkantenik

alkantenik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Canonical url when you publish your contents.

alkantenik, Jan 4, 2016 IP
  2. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Doesn't that only help if all those sites would be his?

I'd go ahead and first contact the website owners, and then their host(they might be more willing to do something).

Google probably wont do a thing, as if they start manually checking for duplicate content they'd have to spend every penny they have earned so far to do it.

Karri, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Really? How then do you explain the the 65 million or so pages Google removes each month in response to copyright complaints?
    https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/removals/copyright/

Agent000, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  4. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's 65 million URLs requested to be removed, didn't see how many are actually removed. Furthermore, most of these are media like movies etc. targeting torrent sites. I'd be interested if anyone has actually gone through with this process(didn't actually seem too difficult) and how it worked out.

Karri, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  5. Agent000

Best Answers:
    I have gone through it over 100 times. They were removed every time. How do you explain that if you think Google does nothing?

Agent000, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  6. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to work in poker support, and there were a million people whose personal experience was that they always lose and thus RNG has to be biased. How do you explain that when it wasn't? In other words, as personal experience which in this case is nil for me when it comes to Google removing copyrighted content. I have never gone through the process, hence why I also asked if anyone has gone. And if this is the case, that they do remove duplicate content, then the original poster should go ahead with that process, like I should if I am ever in that situation. Need anything else explained? Like the words probably and manual checking or aggressive posting?

Karri, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    They have been advised by many different posters in this thread to do just that!
    Yes; why did you make this nonsense up for?:

Agent000, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  8. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, "they" haven't been. In fact even you haven't suggested the poster to do anything, you've simply argued(and insulted everyone you argued with) about guidelines in this topic. Please re-read the topic, including your own posts.

Well, to answer that I first need to know why you are having such hard time differentiating between an opinion, facts and discussion. Secondly I would suggest you to learn some English including the word probably. I pointed that out earlier as well, but you seem to have skipped that part. Last but not least I already told you why "I made this nonsense up"; I have no experience with Google removing duplicate content. Is there something about that you don't understand?

Now you tell me why do you have a need to argue instead of discuss?

Karri, Jan 10, 2016 IP
  9. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Bullshit; they have been told several times in this thread to file a DMCA.
    What is the point in me repeating the same advice that they have been given? That advice was good. I just trying to correct the bad advice that you gave that contradicted that good advice.
    I deliberately insulted you as you lied when you said that Google would not do anything. Why did you lie? Why did you make that up for? Those that do that deserve to be treated with contempt for posting bad advice.
    What is there to discuss? Filing A DMCA is the way to go. You told them that Google won't do anything. You lied. What is their to discuss? All you are now doing is trying to rationalize your foolish advice to to them. Epic Fail.

Agent000, Jan 10, 2016 IP
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Chasing down one copycat can be a chore inself, but what happens when people copy the copycat,
    then you find your content spread out on 100's or even 1000s of sites? Is your plan to stop running
    your business, and spending hours, days, weeks, and months chasing down all the offenders.

I would like to think that google knows the origin of the content, but these days, you never know,
    google may not even care and just crap on everyone involved, unless you are an authority site,
    then it is not a very big deal, once you get to the point of google trust, then it does not affect you as much.

dscurlock, Jan 10, 2016 IP
  11. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure dude, one internet forum victory point for you. Must be hard being so angry all the time. :D

Also now you are lying. There is no possible way to file a DMCA. Why? Because DMCA is the law. Why are you lying that people need to file a DMCA when it's not even possible(unless you're a US senator, lol)? What they need to do is file a DMCA takedown notice or a complaint. Please stop posting bad advice and using such stupid conversation tactics.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Karri, Jan 11, 2016 IP
  12. Minesh Parikh

Minesh Parikh Member

Best Answers:
    Facing same issue for my website....will surely try out this methods

Minesh Parikh, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  13. Donny Frankum

Donny Frankum Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the deal. Google does not care, stop even thinking about it.

Here how it works. Let's say I post very informative content, spent months writing it and all that. Some authority site decided that my content is better and simply copies it. Guess what will happen - I will get penalized by Panda and that authority site will get bump in Google search results. That's how Google cares about people....

Donny Frankum, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  14. Matt Jensen

Matt Jensen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That sucks!

Matt Jensen, Feb 15, 2016 IP