1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Google Ad Campaign Eligibility LIMITED Due to "Copyrighted Content"

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Nervous-Arachnid-33, Dec 31, 2022.

Howdy! This is my first time using Google Ads, and the ad campaign I am trying to run only has Limited Eligibility due to "copyrighted content," which negatively affects the amount of people who see it. In the Status box of the ad, it states: "Eligible (Limited) - Policy (Copyrighted content)".

I am attempting to advertise a reality television series I created, which is streaming on various streaming services. People who click on the ad are sent to the home page of a website I created about the series. On the home page, there are buttons linking to Tubi, Roku, and Amazon Prime, where people can begin streaming the show, and a button linking to the first episode on YouTube.

When I click on the status box indicating limited ad eligibility, I am given bullet points stating: "Your account must have a copyright certificate for the domain on which you're promoting the streaming or downloading of copyrighted content." As well as, "Certificate Required" and "Certificate exists for a different domain."

I have reached out to Google Support multiple times, who sent me a certificate to fill out for the domain. Neither my ad campaign nor google support were able to specify WHICH domain required a certificate, so I assumed I just need one for the domain of my own site I created. I filled out the certificate and was told it was approved, but the Limited Eligibility did not change.

I asked google support if perhaps I needed a certificate for the links on my homepage to Tubi, Roku, Amazon and YouTube, but they said I do not. I haven't been able to get any further, and I feel like it's actually a really simple issue that I'm overlooking and just need someone more experienced to examine. My questions are:
    1. Is there a more common reason for this issue that I just haven't considered yet, and could probably fix by changing something specific in my ad?
    2. If not, what should I be looking at? I'm willing to provide images and further details.
    Thanks so much!

Nervous-Arachnid-33, Dec 31, 2022 IP
  2. alexchrs

alexchrs Peon

Best Answers:
    shot in the dark, a word in your ad is miss-spelled and is copyrighted as misspelled, or did you use a plural of the word that's copyrighted, while the singular is not?
    if you're in the US here: https://www.copyright.gov/public-records/

alexchrs, Jan 1, 2023 IP