1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help getting started with a basic web page

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by hulahoop, May 3, 2019.

Hello,

I recently registered a domain name for my mobile food truck for business catering business.

I want to make a landing page which shows my business name, what it does, basic menu, and my contact information.

Also, if I can get it to pop up on search engines, it will be useful.

Any advice please, this is my first time doing this...I presume I have to begin by hosting the site somewhere?

Thank you

hulahoop, May 3, 2019 IP
  2. Scott2019

Scott2019 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Hulahoop, yes the first step is to register your domain name, get the e-mail address set up to be the same as the business (contact@businessname.com), then to get the landing page set up. I design websites in Clickfunnels and then give them to my clients, the hosting continues on Clickfunnels for $19 per month. There are loads of alternatives but this is just one example of a fairly simple way to do it. Usually I do all the domain and email setting up so my clients don't have to. If you need any more help just shout out.

Scott2019, May 6, 2019 IP
  3. Maruf Abdullah Rion

Maruf Abdullah Rion Member

Best Answers:
    ClickFunnels will be a good option for building a landing page for your business. You can add custom domain as well in ClickFunnels (i mean domain from another place and add it to ClickFunnels).

Maruf Abdullah Rion, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  4. mrdo

mrdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Wix is good enough. Or you can use blogspot for free

mrdo, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  5. Maruf Abdullah Rion

Best Answers:
    Yeah, for Free Wix and Blogspot are good enough but according to me for promoting business and collecting leads ClickFunnels is far ahead than Wix and Blogspot.

Maruf Abdullah Rion, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am assuming you have very less idea about HTML, CSS etc and you are not willing to spend too much either.
    In this case, the easiest solution will be to buy a cheap shared hosting and setup a wordpress site on it.
    There are many free themes available, or you can simply drop a new company banner image in default theme.

You can get cheap shared hosting for under $5 a month. Google "cheap shared hosting"
    Many graphics designers on this forum itself will be glad to help you out with a logo/banner image for a small fee, or might even install a new wordpress theme for you.

Wordpress is not a good solution to put up a website, but in your case, its more than enough.
    You can create your webpages from your wordpress admin panel yourself.

A one landing page website will not come up in google search results. We webmasters work for months and years before we can see some rankings in search engines.

Good luck :)

JEET, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  7. YodaNoFear

YodaNoFear Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there! You can buy an already made basic site and use it.

YodaNoFear, Dec 30, 2019 IP
  8. thedge77

thedge77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Wix for ease of use and setup. Or Blogspot if you are more concerned with search engines. Another suggestion is to have someone here help you do this for the first time for a small fee.

thedge77, Dec 31, 2019 IP
  9. Chris Tan

Chris Tan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi hulaloop,

My understanding on the issues you face and help needed are:
    1. You have registered for the domain for your business and no web hosting yet.
    2. You are planning to build the 1-page website yourself.
    3. You wanted your website to be ranked on search engines.
    You have registered for the domain for your business and no web hosting yet.
    In order to start on a website, you will need both the domain name and web hosting. A rule of thumb would be to secure your web hosting service with the same provider that you get your domain name from as this allows you to better manage both services all in one place such as renewal and support. You can also go with shared hosting for a start if you are just starting out and can always upgrade to better hosting when the need arises.

You are planning to build the 1-page website yourself.
    If you are new to the whole web design thing, website builders are a great start to build a website yourself. Website builders are tools that typically allow the construction of websites without manual code editing, and it's done through a interactive drag-and-drop editor. They also have pre-made templates which you can choose from. One concern is that your website would be similar to a lot of websites out there who are also using template designs.

Here are some of the popular website builders:
    1. Wix
    2. Squarespace
    3. Weebly
    4. Webflow
    If you plan to have more control over your website, you can consider Content Management System(CMS). It will take a longer time to master them but it will be far more rewarding in the long run.

Some popular CMS are:
    1. WordPress
    2. Joomla
    3. Drupal
    You wanted your website to be ranked on search engines.
    SEO is a big topic and it's best I exclude that in this reply. You can check out the Search Engine Optimization section in DP forum for a better understanding how everything works in general.

Chris

Chris Tan, Jan 3, 2020 IP
  10. Maruf Abdullah Rion

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, WordPress is much more convenient for them who wants to spend a tight budget as well as less experience in coding. It's easy to manage to a website build in WP.

Maruf Abdullah Rion, Jan 3, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. Simsam

Simsam Peon

Best Answers:
    And remember that YouTube is your friend when learning new skills. There are a heap of great instructional videos on there, especially when it comes to building WordPress pages. An investment of just a couple of hours of your time and you can have a great looking web page for your business. It's how I learned

Simsam, Jan 5, 2020 IP
  12. Private Loader

Private Loader Active Member

Best Answers:
    My recommendation is purchase the domain (You already did), find a free with no ads hosting (You aren't going to receive millions of impressions now, so no need to buy a service that you will have to pay each month or yearly). Get you hand on Google and search for a simple (and free) html builder and design your website.

- Copy the code or file to your hosting account. And that's it.
    - For a much simpler solution use Wix or Weebly (It's drag and drop or point and click configuration)

Private Loader, Jan 5, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  13. Amazing7

Amazing7 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know about the coding then you can try with HTML or PHP. Otherwise, I will suggest you to go with WordPress it's easy to use.

Amazing7, Jan 6, 2020 IP
  14. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Maruf Abdullah Rion
    @Amazing7

I agree wordpress is cheaper, and I too suggested it, but its not a very good solution.

HTML output is one of the worst, and its basic structure itself is a load on SQL server, not to mention when plugins are loaded then this load increases further more.

JEET, Jan 7, 2020 IP
  15. speel00

speel00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of similar businesses as yours use Wix, since it is a cheap, easy to use and very basic. If you wish to have a more advanced website, I would say use a traditional web host to build it. However, please make sure you pay for the host and domain name as it does present a more professional business. So even if you go with Wix, you will still need to pay for the hosting to remove their branding and for your own domain.

speel00, Jan 8, 2020 IP
  16. ulvileo2

ulvileo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    How To Start A Website in 5 Minutes or Less
    this is free course you can watch https://davisadney.com/website-tutorial/

ulvileo2, Jan 10, 2020 IP
  17. riggidb

riggidb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey if you're into restaurants or bakery business, here are the templates you can look into https://medium.com/@Debra22529311/best-bakery-website-templates-in-2020-3b0ebc467094. They are quite well-rated and looks great. And also you can surely create a landing page with Zyro or other named builders too.

riggidb, Apr 22, 2020 IP
  18. trigshady

trigshady Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always suggest to go with free wordpress theme ( with Elementor) easy to use, and customize your website, there are great themes such as astra, oceanwp, and many more.

If you dont want to use wordpress I suggest to go to wix, duda or zyro.

trigshady, Apr 24, 2020 IP