1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help - Duplicate Content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Marker1982, Jul 23, 2014.

I am running a solar business related website. I used to publish news and article related to solar industry on my website's news section. I copy contents from various websites and paste on my website without any changes. I mention source in the bottom with no follow link. Is there anything I have to do to ignore the harmful effect to duplicate content.

Marker1982, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  2. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, ideally stop copying other people's content and write your own. :)

Alternatively, use part of the articles you are copying and credit / link out to the original source but add some comment of analysis of your own to make it a little more unique (for your own site).

Clickfinity, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    TIEro likes this.
  3. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Clickfinity said, it will not help you to simply copy and paste form other source on your site. The best you can do, just write some line for that particular article or post and give link credit to original site.

rozerr, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:

Six Reasons Why Duplicate Content is Bad for SEO
    Duplicate content is one of the top concerns of online publishers and content marketers. In the SEO world, it’s the same content published on different URLs and may negatively affect a website ranking.
    “Duplicate content is content that appears on the Internet in more than one place (URL),” said SEOMoz. “This is a problem because when there are more than one piece of identical content on the Internet, it is difficult for search engines to decide which version is more relevant to a given search query.”
    Is duplicate content bad for your brand? Many believe it is, including Google, who advises sites to carefully consider the reasons for publishing duplicate content. The following 7 points may help Midphase hosting customers interested in protecting their Google search rankings.

01. Negative User Experience
    Google’s main goal is to provide relevant search results to users. Duplicate content creates a negative user experience because they are directed to the same content inadvertently. This is a waste of time for them because readers want to consume fresh content that matches their query.

02. Affects Search Engine Rankings
    “Google perceives that duplicate content may be shown with intent to manipulate our rankings and deceive our users,” said Google.
    “We’ll also make appropriate adjustments in the indexing and ranking of the sites involved. As a result, the ranking of the site may suffer, or the site might be removed entirely from the Google index, in which case it will no longer appear in search results.”

03. Affects Brand Credibility
    Readers share high-quality content that resonates with them. Publishing duplicate content across domains affects your brand credibility and integrity as a thought leader in your niche.

04. Search Engines Don’t Know Which Page to Exclude
    “If you re-publish your blog content on an article submission site, you’re creating duplicate content that the search engines need to filter through in order to find the original source,” said Scott Benson, Vocus.
    “The engines are trying to determine which version is the original, and therefore should rank highest. You don’t want to make things harder for them.”

05. Difficult for Direct Link Metrics
    Search engines find it difficult to direct the link metrics (page rank, trust, anchor texts, etc.) of your site to a single page if there is a duplicate content across domains. It’s highly recommended to optimize your website and publish fresh content to attract new visitors.
    New visitors will then begin to share links to your blog via social media or outbound links to their site. These signal the search engines that your blog provides valuable content to the readers.
    “As these signals increase, the engines will assign authority to you blog,” said Benson. “This authority is passed back into your core site, increasing your domain strength – a major ranking signal.”

06. Traffic Decreases
    When duplicate content is present, site owners may suffer lower rankings and consequently lower traffic, to less relevant results on search engines according to SEOMoz.

Overall, content is king. It’s best to write for humans instead of machines and Google is encouraging this approach more than ever.

- Posted by 'Jake Neeley' at http://www.midphase.com/blog/six-reasons-why-duplicate-content-is-bad-for-seo/

I have exactly copied this from the given link, but then I've also credited the original source. Does my post have any real unique value? You can see it for yourself.;)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  5. rezwana

rezwana Member

Best Answers:
    Google don't like duplicate content.It must be harmful for your web site.For duplicate content you can't gain that position in online which you want. So you have to try to write unique Article for your web site. And This method will help you to get Google Absence and rank.

rezwana, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That's 'Adsense' I'm sure. Why would anyone want absence?;)

Content Maestro, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Linking to the source doesn't give you permission to use other website's content. You still need to ask for permission. And lol at using nofollow that is not what the tag was intended for. If you are willing to publish another website's content it's a safe bet you trust the site and endorse it, hence nofollow shouldn't be used. I'd be very pissed off if I saw you doing that with my content.

dcristo, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  8. rezwana

rezwana Member

Best Answers:
    If Google give you Adsense that means Google trust your website & you can earn money from Adsense.

rezwana, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  9. rezwana

rezwana Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a robot. I am a human so I can do mistakes I am so junior member & you are a senior member So should Emendation my fault. But don't criticize me.

rezwana, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  10. alodie

alodie Active Member

Best Answers:

Hi Marker1982,

Good question.

But copying and pasting content from other people's
    website, without making any change at all to that
    content, might not do your personal website any favor at
    all.

In fact, for all you know, you could be doing damage to
    your internet marketing reputation, just for doing that,
    and actually admitting to doing it.

Do other IMers do that? A resounding 'yes'. All the
    time. Has anyone ever gotten caught? Yes. All the
    time.

See Content Maestro's post, where he laid out for you
    several reasons why taking such an action could be
    a very, very bad idea.

Now, having said that, I, too, sometime get a little
    bit frustrated with the whole discussion regarding
    duplicate contents.

I have come to believe that the discussion on this
    subject really should focus on how the "stolen"
    content is being used, and not necessarily on the
    fact that the content is being used without
    permission.

The big news outlets "steal" content all the
    time, it seems.... I do not want to indulge in
    identifying any particular news outlet. But
    I do not think that "borrowing" information
    from someone else is that bad. I just think,
    though, that the appropriate "credit" should
    be given.

Good luck to you, Marker1982. :)

Alodie

alodie, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    @rezwana, don't take what I said so personally. I know it was a typo/mistake on your part and I just pointed that out. I didn't mean to mock or make fun of you.
    No hard feelings, my reply was just a casual throwaway.
    BTW, the wink smiley (;)) should have made it clear.;)

Content Maestro, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  12. rezwana

rezwana Member

Best Answers:
    Ok Thanks for your reply and I hope in future u will help me If you take me as a friend and you can fun with me and also help me to improve my lack.

rezwana, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Lol this is not a dating website.

dcristo, Jul 25, 2014 IP
    rozerr and Content Maestro like this.
  14. rezwana

rezwana Member

Best Answers:
    Fun doesn't mean that dating and I better know that what is forum. I meant fun is little bit joke & topic related joke.
    Content Maestro said to me that,"That's 'Adsense' I'm sure. Why would anyone want absence?;)"
    that's a joke or fun. I said fun with me & this fun like this not dating.
    & Mr.dcristo why you have a so cheap mind?? why you don't quote my full sentence!!! is my sentence means that dating??? you people's are old member and you have to a cool mind to improve junior's lack. I can't think a senior member can say like u!!!! any way If I hurt you then I am sorry.

rezwana, Jul 25, 2014 IP