1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help - Computer so so - Everything dragging...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dscurlock, Mar 28, 2009.

Do you remember when you got your first computer, the moment you opend up your broswer, boom, instant internet...those days for my computer seem to be long gone...I delete this, and that, Ive deleted the cache on a regular basis' - What the hell...from the time I turn on the computer int the morning, it can take 10-15min from start to finish, just to check my email...

I could just have one window up, and the cursor will just sit spinning/thinking as if it was under heavy stress, and drags on and on when i starting opening browsers, then starts stalling. a 5 min job can turn into 20 min, a 20 min job can turn into 1 hour mostly wait time on the computer. evening having just one or two windows up seems like a drag on the entire computer, the screen is blanking out as if the computer is out of memory, it just blanked out as I am typing...

can some of you computer experts explain how i
    can get the good ole days back out of my computer again.

Thank You much.

dscurlock, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Id bet money on you having a fair few viruses and other intrusive things on there, if you can scan and see what it finds do that, try housecall i think its called, free online scanner.

Sometimes it can get so bad that ive found fragmenting the hard drive is the best thing, need to go through reinstalling windows and everything but sometimes its neccessary.

Both my sisters have suffered these probs with their computers, they completely ignore what i advise them about using an antivirus, firewall and avoiding certain types of sites and restricting their childrens use of the computers.

Edit: i mean format the hard drive, not fragment.:eek:

pipes, Mar 28, 2009 IP