1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Calibrate the Sitemap pagerank

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by bugon, Jul 24, 2006.

Google sitemaps "crawl stats" info on websites includes somewhat obscure information about the pagerank of sites (in particular, % with "high" PR, % with "medium" PR, etc.).

As a community service, I would like to try and "calibrate" this scale. Towards this end, I need help. If you have google sitemaps, and wish to help, you could do so by filling out the form at: http://www.sciencebits.com/CalibrateSitemapsPR

With the results, I'll be able to calibrate the vague sitemaps pageranks such that anyone would later be able (for free of course) to accurately estimate the PR of his (or her) site.

Thanks!

bugon, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  2. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be interested to observe your rsults but I am not ready to share my sitemaps yet partly because many of the sites are still in development and fluctuating.

amarventris, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  3. bugon

bugon Guest

Best Answers:
    unfortunately there is nothing to share yet. I had only one(!) reply... :(

My sitemaps stats for example shows that 21% of the pages have a "medium" PR and 71% have a low PR (none with a "high" PR). In reality, the highest toolbar PR in my site is 5 (and the site is about 100 days old!). So I would imagine that a PR of 4 is already "medium". (My guess: 0-3 is low, 4-6 is medium and 7+ is high... but I'll know, and be able to share the info, only if people cooperate).

bugon, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  4. Entrepreneur Jon

Entrepreneur Jon Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll bookmark your page and will certainly contribute to it when my sites have reached a more developed and marketed stage.

It'll be interesting to view the results, mind. Good luck with it.

Entrepreneur Jon, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  5. bugon

bugon Guest

Best Answers:
    The response is still low. At this rate, perhaps in 10 years I'll have something to report about. :(

bugon, Jul 30, 2006 IP