1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP - Banned for too many inbound links. When will it come back?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Seobiznezz, Aug 23, 2009.

1. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "reinclusion" isn't the right term, it's "reconsideration".

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35843

if you have a site that has been penalized, and have rectified whatever transgression likely triggered the penalty, asking for reconsideration is the way to go.

clearly, the OP's site is penalized. reconsideration requests can be made for both sites that are banned outright and sites that are penalized to a greater or lesser extent.

monosodium, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  2. raiderremo

raiderremo Member

Best Answers:
    Oh man..its happening to me month back! I have started a thread about it here and cry out like anything. But everything was back after 4 days. I guess its because of monthly Google dance or monthly update. I am sure you will get your rank back after 4 or 5 days. Dont get panic, its normal

raiderremo, Aug 24, 2009 IP
  3. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to let everyone know. Out site has been banned for 7 weeks now by Google. We have lost about 100000 unique visits and about $5000 in revenue. We have actually laid off one employee and stopped advertising.

We think that it was a result of creating other sites and putting sitewide links to our main mother site.

We have since replaced the direct links with Java links so as to not pass link juice.

This has killed us in ways our company can't describe. I wish Matt Cutts could see how we have struggles and how Google has effected the lives of people.

I understand that you can't hold Google responsible for organic traffic, but when you type in our exact website name and it comes up in the 1000s. This not only makes us look bad, but it makes Google look bad because they are not serving their visitors.

Yes...ban a website for their keywords, but when you ban a website for its actual name you are actually doing a dis-service to your visitors.

Seobiznezz, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  4. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    Patience is virtue. You gotta wait atleast for 1 and a half month for sites position to come back. But some times it may take upto 6 month. Be careful in your link campaign.

mluther, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  5. darrens

darrens Peon

Best Answers:
    seobizness .... im having the same problem as you at the moment. I have submitted a reinclussion and got the reply that it had been processed. They didnt tell me if i had been accepted or not and said that i will either see the site come back or i should go and read the google t&c's .... ?
    that was a few weeks back and still nothing!!!!

good luck! we all need it

darrens, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  6. seminar

seminar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope it will clear soon

seminar, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  7. digitalextrememediagroup

digitalextrememediagroup Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the url of the banned site. You vancover site is in goole and comes up first if you put in your name.

8. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

For one thing, you were not banned for too many links. If that "really" happened, sites like facebook, wikipedia, myspace,,, they would have been banned a long time ago.

You were banned for building a link scheme. You built trash sites whos sole purpose was to increase a single sites page rank.

Before you request to be added back to googles index, you need to delete all of those sites, or at least delete the links.

~kev~, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  9. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have experienced the same issue, but our other sites have rich content, if craigslist can do then so the Fu(k can I!! Not impressed with Google right now with their double standards, on the positive side my main site did not get a penalty. I just filed for reconsideration 10 days ago and will now play the waiting game, however this happened to us in March/April, we have a good customer base that does not need Google so we had to put our customers forward first.

We have the same problem when customers are typing just911cars in google and not finding our site, we activly advertise it in magazines etc... all google results eventually lead to our site so its not terrible, but it does make google look bad.

What I suggest is, watch this youtube video http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35843 and word for word read the guidelines and and answer each question of it with an answer in your reconsideration request once you have sorted out all the problems. My reconsideration request was split into 3 posts as it exceeded the text limit twice. It was 17 pages long. If they want a detailed report and not a 1 liner well then they bl00dywell got one.

On an interesting basis, your main site got penelised? Are they all on the same ip addess? if not then I have a great idea, do exactly the same thing for your competition, build lots of doorway spam sites and link them to them, that way they will also drop, if you do this to a few big players it will stir a huge problem forcing google to sort this problem out properly!

BUT... if your sites are built only for the purpose of link building to your main site and offer nothing more, then I hope your business fails as you ruin it for everyone else who are doing things in a legit way.

Gazzerman, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  10. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, 5 cents per visitor, must be a great niche.

I am lead to believe that Google now follows links in flash and Java. So regardless of whether they are direct or java links, you need to make them nofollow.

It wasn't Google, it was whoever created the 20 doorway sites that affected the lives of people.

Before you request reconsideration, make sure your site is 100% clean.
    Any shady stuff that you may have gotten away with in the past, will now be taken into consideration when they look over your site.

To clarify, there may be some over optimization techniques that will push you close to the boundary but not get you penalized. However, once you over step the boundary and an automated penalty is triggered, then in most cases fixing the problem that triggered the penalty is not enough, you need to fix everything before they will reconsider your site.

Good luck.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  11. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    But one needs to make sure everything's fixed before filing a reinclusion request, otherwise one may have to face dire consequences.

OP: This can't be a too many links penalty. BTW, what links are those and just how many do you consider too many?

Earnest01, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  12. wiresaw

wiresaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah it is not penalized, maybe they are just updating indexing your blog again.. just wait for awhile and I am sure it will come back.

BTW, how long you experience this problem? Thanks..

wiresaw, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  13. axa

axa Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think its about sandbox case, not penalty/banned, because you still have page indexed on google, in many cases, sandbox cases occurred on brand new sites which gained high position in serp & rapid growth of inbound links within short period. How old is your site?

axa, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  14. Bagless

Bagless Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree, otherwise everyone would just build masses of automated links for competitor sites and get them into trouble.

Bagless, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  15. xeastx

xeastx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Penalties are not permanent, that's why it's called a penalty. Google likes your site. :)
    Define penalty: punishment: the act of punishing (and punishment doesn't last forever, but you must take it.)

xeastx, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  16. Knocker

Knocker Guest

Best Answers:
    2000 backlinks on your own site is nothing. How many sites that have 10,000 pages ad a link in the links column and have 10,000 new links in the blink of an eye. Thousands of blogs on blogger.com have easily over 2000 pages and most of them have a link bar on the side. Penalties are few and far between according to Matt Cutts on YouTube.

Knocker, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  17. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that what you did is spamming that would warrant a ban from Google. Your SERPs could have dropped for many reasons and your pagerank could have been lost because someone reported that you were selling links.
    I don't think that you have been banned.
    Try googling the name of your website and see if your website comes up.

gordon08, Sep 15, 2009 IP
  18. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to clarify here regarding link selling, link selling penalty has nothing to do with your indexing or serp results, it just affects your reputation or say Page Rank

COBSolutions, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  19. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    We never did any link selling. We took down all our links and it is now 2 months with no return. Our site doesn't even come up in Google results when you search on it directly.

How long until things change? 3 months? 5 months?

Seobiznezz, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  20. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    An update for everyone on this important issue. Exactly 3 months later we have gotten our PR 4 back on the site. We are now waiting for a reinclusion still. The PR went to white not grey when we were delisted.

I expect the site to come back soon. Total loss of $15000 so far in the 3 months.

Seobiznezz, Nov 17, 2009 IP