1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help appreciated: how to mass-update part of URL ?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Merlin-Sweden, Sep 19, 2018.

Lets clarify: We have specific KT-task containing about 40 phrases relating to RAID recovery. The landing page is allways the same.
    Recently we moved the landing page URL to a sub-folder instead of previously being in a SUB-domain as the following example clearly indicates:

raid-array-recovery.aurora.se (the previous sub-domain URL)
    and now
    aurora.se/raid-array-recovery/raid-array-recovery.htm ( a folder containing several different documents)

The protocol is also changed to h**ps
    Can anyone figure out a way to mass-update a long list with our very simple rearrangment of the URL ?? Help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks / Merlin

Merlin-Sweden, Sep 19, 2018 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I could probably do if for you manually if it's a couple find/replaces. Would you rather just remove the protocol and sub-domain and not care about the landing page? The matching is wildcard based... meaning if you don't care about where on the domain the rank is, you can just have "aurora.se" and skip everything else.

digitalpoint, Sep 19, 2018 IP
  3. Merlin-Sweden

Merlin-Sweden Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many thanks for your attention and reply.
    I had no idea that the protocol was unneccesary or that the landing page was optional, that would be a very smart solution.

i would really appreciate if you had time to run a 'search and replace' in your database ( since i obviously do not have such access :)
    1) remove protocol
    2) remove any text preceeding 'aurora.se' ( a sub-domain)
    or
    3) as you suggest, just point to aurora.se // brilliant !
    thanks again for your good advice
    /Merlin

Merlin-Sweden, Sep 24, 2018 IP