1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello to everyone on the Digital Point forums

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sabbatical, Apr 30, 2022.

I have been in the content creation game since 2007. And it has changed a lot over the past 15 years. There was not as much competition in content creation back then. It was not uncommon to hire a writer for $0.01 per word, or just a little under. I was one of those writers. In 2007, my rates went as low as $0.0085 per word for when a webmaster ordered 10k words or more. Those were the good days, when I could write more than 15,000 words in a single day on just about any topic.

By 2008, with the help of CopyScape, the competition was kept to a minimum. But as the U.S. housing market crash began rippling throughout the world, people began losing their regular work in call centers and since they knew "some" English, they turned to content creation. Article spinning was all of the rage, and webmasters wanted more content for their money, and no longer cared about the quality of their work. As a result, by 2010, when I first created my account here on the Digital Point forums, the rates were being pushed lower and lower. Good quality, native English writers like myself, were competing with low-quality second language speakers, and the price per word plummeted. By 2011, the going rates for content creation were less than $0.003 per word.

Most of the good writers, just stopped writing content altogether. I went to work as an English Communications Trainer in a call center and I made a tenth of what I was making back in 2008 online. But the work was steady and the hours were good. I stayed in the call center industry, worked on several long-term projects throughout the years, and even wrote several of my own books and published them on Amazon.

I tried several times, between moving from one call center to the next, to get back into the content creation business. I signed up on Fiverr and UpWork, but there is too much saturation there. Too many writers - most of who can't write - competing for the few webmasters, keeps the rates low to low to entice any good writers. Basic supply and demand. I gave up on those sites, because there were too many people vying for the same scraps, that it was not worth the effort.

So it has been quite a long ride, and now, I am back. Here at the Digital Point forums, I am hoping to rebuild my name as a content creator.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    sabbatical, Apr 30, 2022 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dont wory my friend ,yea the field becomes more and more competitive but if you work comsistently ,and work hard each day ,you will became better day by day and you will find your place as a succesful creator .Dont ever give up

Spartan14, May 1, 2022 IP