1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello! I'm Ginostylz

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ginostylz, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm new here.
    My name is Jeremy.
    I am from New Orleans. Well Metairie, LA 10 minutes away from N.O.
    I have been working online for a couple years; I don't know how I got into it but it grabbed me. One day I had a real 9-5 type job and was laid off the day before I signed on my house. Struggling with part time jobs and hopeless work The internet pulled me in with a get rich quick email. I paid 40usd for the an ebook. Learned the content, staying up all day working to pay bills and staying up all night trying to start my career on the net. I don't know how I pulled it off, but I feel like I beet the odds.

I pushed everyone away from me because the net is the only thing on my mind. I kinda cutt off the real world because imagine trying to find freinds knowing anything about SEO, websites, advertising, and other stuff. I spend about one hour/day reading another webmaster forum, but they are a bit too strict at times. And if you do post something of too much value you can expect a full inbox.
    By the way, I love this forum already. The program vbulliten is pretty nice. And everyone here seems pretty well mannered.

ginostylz, Apr 25, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Welcome and well done with your "against the odds"

One day when I'm ready I'll tell the world our little story but not yet!

Enjoy this forum because it is fun and has good content and people who actually know their stuff over many areas - not just SEO :)

Foxy, Apr 26, 2004 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Gino, welcome to the forum!

This is the one of the better forums (the forum itself, and the people who participate) out there, and has quickly become one of my favorites as well. It's relaxed enough that you don't need to scrutinize every word of every post, yet moderated well enough that you don't spend time wading through pages of "Yea", and "I agree" posts.

GuyFromChicago, Apr 26, 2004 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    And I love the Samual Jackson avatar - that show cracks me up.

Samual Jackson "It's Good Mo**** Fu***** beer Bi***!!!!!!!"

Edited, just like on television;-)

GuyFromChicago, Apr 26, 2004 IP
  5. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes unfortunately that is true of at least two of the forums I'm familiar with out there. There are a couple of people on this forum who get slightly out of shape unless you tell them what they want to hear, but generally it is very free and very civil.

One of the secrets to this maybe that there are no moderators other than Shawn, the owner on this forum. So there is no one on any power trip with anything to prove as there are on several others.

I look forward to reading your contributions.

compar, Apr 26, 2004 IP
  6. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the belated Welcome, but hope ur enjoying ur stay here.

paidhosting, May 13, 2006 IP
  7. mavahntooth

mavahntooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hello. welcome to dp :)

mavahntooth, May 15, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.