1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hello from Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nitin M, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello all!

I am nmalhot on SEO Chat and IMR and Nitin on my own site at SEOPark.com.

I registered as Virginia Realtors here because:

1) I have been lurking for a while and it was time I joined anyway

2) It is really, really odd to me that when searching "Atlanta Realtor" in google the profile page for SEO Chat and Digital Point forums for the user Atlanta Realtor comes up. :eek: So, I wanted to do my own test ...

What's one more login/password to remember on the 29 I already have for various sites! :rolleyes:

Nitin M, Jun 18, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Ha!

Welcome - it's, probably as you have seen, more "technical" here and certainly much more friendly, with fewer "I agree" type people. I haven't been back to SEO.... for ages and I post here at a far higher rate than I ever did there. So Hi.

With regard to point 2 you are talking "authority" here - one of the more interesting examples of this is, if you haven't read the "another tool" thread you should, the "control" experiment that I am running alongside for "Weber BBQs" which you will see mention of it every now and then in that article.

[If I stop here that will give you a chance to reply and then I will respond etc with the rest of what I was going to say and your posts will edge up..Hehe]

Foxy, Jun 18, 2004 IP
  3. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever your handle... welcome. Recognize you from SEO Chat. This is a good forum.

SEO_AM, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP, IMO the best SEO forum on the net.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  5. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great to have another from the Commonwealth in the forum!

North Carolina SEO, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  6. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't doubt that you will see your results popping up #1 for Virginia Realtor shortly. lol. Welcome.

schlottke, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Welcome... :)

digitalpoint, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  8. Geir

Geir Berserker

Best Answers:
    Welcome :)

:) Geir

Geir, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  9. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I loved SEO Chat --- I lost my SEO virginity there and it had such an awesome tight-knit feel just a few months back. Then it hit PR8 or whatever and got so damn popular it is hard to keep up and weed out all the worthless posts ... too bad.

This is really interesting. Definitely worth getting to the bottom of. I have read the theories on authority sites before and thought they applied to specific themes or keywords. In other words, I could understand digitalpoint being an authority site for SEO, web development, etc. But, I would neve have imagined it is an authority site for Real Estate or Atlanta --- let alone Atlanta Realtor! :p

It will be a very interesting experiement indeed. Still so much to learn in the SEO world ... I love it!

Nitin M, Jun 19, 2004 IP
  10. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    I think that was about the time that this forum started and SEOguy also "broke away" and the "feel" within SEO.... was one of "we are under attack". Which indeed they were because for 9 months the quality had been slipping and as you found out, very quickly I might add, it became a "me too" site.

There you go thats life! And it does serve a purpose of starting people off - there are still some real quality people around in it like Webby - but his own forum Abacus is better :)

Not to do with the PR - more to do with the fact that it was the original as set up by Darrin and if you type in SEO as a search it is way up there.

Foxy, Jun 20, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.